Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Chassis Not Cycling

I have a SS chassis with Omega-Tek cards that is not cycling nor will the sweep switch run the sweep. Cannot run the sweep or table from cams but I can with the contactors. I can switch from 1st to second.

So here is what I have done so far:

-Problem follows chassis
    -Swapped both omega tek cards with known good ones
    -Replaced with known good M1 and M2 ice cube relays
    -Tested Big three Diodes
    -Checked C1 and C2A plugs
    -Tested T2 transformer

The only thing I can think of now is that the big transformer has gone kaput/bad. I spent two hours and could not find the problem. Looking for any ideas as to where to look next. Thanks in advance for any help. This problem really has me stumped.

I ran into a cycle prob some time back that involved the coil wires on the sweep. The wires were broken, but were still held in place by the AMP crimp on the insulation.
    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

diodes on the heat sink could be bad and you're not getting power to the contactors. Or a blown fuse or both.

Comment

Oh ya I also did that too forgot to mention that:

-checked fuses

Comment

do you have ball lights? Check C2a bottom right of chassis plug, thats the Purple wire from F fuses. Ive seen it get tweeked from pluggin unpluggin so much. i you cant run from cams, its a logic/low voltage issue. You listed big 3 diodes, did you physically remove the heat sink assy make sure no debris grounding it to chassis frame?

Comment

Originally posted by ledgeviewmech View Post
            diodes on the heat sink could be bad and you're not getting power to the contactors. Or a blown fuse or both.
            Yeah I would go with this and add M or M2 relay, I forget which exactly.

And I agree with Coors, you don't know for sure if something is grounding the heatsink until you actually take it out. Stuff can get wedged in there behind it you won't see.

Comment

I do have ball lights and it will switch from 1st to 2nd with no problem.

Yep, I did remove the diode heat sink because I thought I had the middle one bad. Nothing there, although some time ago it had an issue with the big transformer sagging down and contacted the heat sink. But that problem had been taken care of years ago from what it looks like.

I will have to check the pins on the M1 and M2 relays.

Comment

The diodes are for the masking unit, they are not connected in any way with the coil circuit other than sharing a terminal strip. Check the output voltage of your T1 transformer at f/cb 3. It should read 24-28VAC. The purple wire goes to C2A-11. The other side of the green wire is on the M relay socket. The T1 is getting power if the mask is lit.
                Jamie

Comment

Measured 25vac at the fuse. So does this mean my T1 is good?

Comment

Ok, seems you've ruled out most of the things I would have tested (heatsink grounded/fuses etc)....another question :

On a working lane, are you normally able to activate the sweep (using the Sweep Run switch) when the lane is on Instructomat?

I ask because I had a similar chassis problem that had me stumped for a while - ended up being a short from the chassis mainboard to the frame, causing the chassis to be stuck in Instructomat permanently. (Table & Sweep wouldn't run from cams but worked fine through contactors).

Just a thought....

Comment

Found it! It was the purple wire from the F3 fuse to the C2A that was bad. It opened up internal somewhere. Found it by dumb luck because I was going through and taking out the unused caps and heat sink when I got the idea to start checking continuity of wires. Thanks all for your help and suggestions, especially Jamie he started me on the right path of the problem.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X