Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• machine will not turn off

I have 2 chassis that will not turn off, only way is by switching off the circuit breaker, have tried other chassis,s on the machine and they operate ok .
    82-70's
    Computor Score
    Elco/Omega Tec
    PBL's
    Express CE Oxyshock/Versitity
    16 Wood
    No pindication

swap out the m relays.

Comment

Done that Mike, but still no joy
      82-70's
      Computor Score
      Elco/Omega Tec
      PBL's
      16 Wood
      No pindication

Comment

Is it the whole machine or just the backend?
        Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

Whole machine will not turn off
          82-70's
          Computor Score
          Elco/Omega Tec
          PBL's
          16 Wood
          No pindication

Comment

Have you pulled the A&MC plug from the front of the machine? If so does it still run with this out? If it turns off then you know that the machine is fine but something up front wants it to be on...old manual switch or auto scoring
            70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
            Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Im with Keeth on this one. The perfect place to start. If you have automatic scoring, you don't need the manager control switches. At least with the scoring that I have worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Never_to_old View Post
                I have 2 chassis that will not turn off, only way is by switching off the circuit breaker, have tried other chassis,s on the machine and they operate ok .
                After re-reading your post PLEASE forgive me as you have stated that the machine works normal with a different chassis
                70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                Prolane Walker sport

Comment

These chassis that won't turn off the machines, do the machines otherwise cycle normally? I'm very sleepy right now but if the machine does not turn off and it does not cycle then would that not be a C2 issue, namely the M/C circuit wires possibly shorting together (to keep the machine on and not cycle) or something else goofy going on with the C2? What about the M relay socket wiring, anything shorting out there?

Comment

I had this happen and I kicked the chassis. It turned off. Have to assume there was a relay stuck :P
                    Change the chassis, is not the answer.

Comment

C2A 15 or 23 shorted to the chassis?
                      Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

This is making me wonder....

Is it that the machine stays on (pit light, cycle, etc.) and won't turn off

or...

The back end does not shut off (there is no cycle or pit light)

It is common for the points on the BE relay to wear and 'stick' closed so the B.E. never shuts off

But I would think changing these chassis around would jar the relay loose, but who knows?

Comment

I had a problem that was similar to this before and I simply zeroed the chassis out and it cut off soon after that.
                          It only took two years and two new owners to finally be allowed to come in and work on lanes before we open........

Comment

Look in the A&MC and see that the bare wire terminals aren't touching on 5 and 6. Also, if you've added a switch to turn them on/off in the back, check the wire ends for a touch, or anywhere along the wire for a bare spot to ground.
                            Ditto to mpaxton: On the MPs, or if your SS are converted with single board, a zero might work.
                            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X