Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropping pins

A lane drops either the 6, 7, or 10 pin. Visual inspection of the pincups, pins, spotting and yoke etc all look to be ok. The lane isnt doing it every time, and i am a bit baffled as to what it could be.

Have you checked the tie rod (zig-zag) connecting the shafts on the 'X' frame? If this is bad (especially if it's worn at the #1 shaft) it can cause intermittent problems along the back rows as you describe....

Comment

when having a look at the rods, bars etc we found a crack in the yoke, so sorting this out will be top priority, then if things are still going wrong we will go from there.

Comment

Hmm, cracked yoke, that might be why, but I guess it depends on where the crack is and how bad it is. If it's not that then could there be issues with the pin bottoms, respot cells in that area of the table, distributor/bin perhapse?

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
          Hmm, cracked yoke, that might be why, but I guess it depends on where the crack is and how bad it is. If it's not that then could there be issues with the pin bottoms, respot cells in that area of the table, distributor/bin perhapse?
          Agreed. It's possible a cracked yoke could cause these problems, but that may not be the case here (when I started at my latest center I noticed 4 lanes that had badly broken 'X' frames....all working just fine. Scary!). As Tablejam says...badly adjusted respot cells could also cause that problem. Do you have a camera available? If so, it'd be interesting to record that machine and be able to watch/know for certain exactly what's going on.......

Comment

If its always the 6,7,10 try changing the cups and see if problem goes away.
            If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

Have you used the cup gauge to check those cups?

Do this:
              http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...table-spotting

Comment

How is the pin falling, forward, backward. That would give an idea off what to look at. Also if something looks good doesnt mean it is. I had one pin kept dropping. everything checked ok until i replace the cup. found out it was slightly warped.
                amf 82-70
                B2000
                quibca

Comment

There is a field repair kit for the Yoke, can't think of the number off hand. Just a thought, is your table toed a bit too much. Also, depending on your table towers, check to make sure that they are proper tight to the table.
                  Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Originally posted by clutchplate View Post
                    If its always the 6,7,10 try changing the cups and see if problem goes away.
                    Yeah, move these cups to the other side of the table and see if it follows, or maybe, sometimes, the problem will just go away.

Comment

If the pins wobble throughout the rack, even after you adjust it, the torque tube bushing on the 7 side is also a common culprit. I still find it hard to believe, but a crack in that bushing causes a TON of wobbling and falling pins.

Toby
                      82-70B, Stepper chassis
                      www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

Makes sense Toby here's why....

A crack in that bushing allows slop where the torque tube pivots in there. During spotting the table is pulled upon by the spot rod, any slop in there allows not only the table to move or shift but can also cause some loss of 'drive' of the spot rod.

Comment

Thanks for all the response guys, you really do know what your talking about, thats why this site is great!

Another technician took the yoke off, it did have a repair kit on it but the crack was quite close to a bearing so i guess there would be more vibration in this area perhaps?

We will inspect all the various components that come off with it and replace anything that looks slightly worn/warped/iffy. Fingers crossed this will work

Thanks again guys

Comment

Even with the repair kit on the yoke if the yoke is together right and the kit is tight, it should still work fine, maybe the kit was loose?

With a different yoke on this table if this continues then it's time to start looking at other things like table support bearings/bushings, bolts, rod ends, positioning, level, etc. Worn or loose parts can cause irritating things to happen like this.

Comment

Agree with TJ. I have found that field repair kits work great, but the closer a crack or break gets to the bearing, the worse it gets, and you just have to get a new yoke no matter how much "weld" is piled on with a trowel.
                              Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X