Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Combo motor runs backwards

So out of 24 lanes we have one lane with one GE combo motor on it. Not one lane with a pair, just one motor. LOL So after 5 seasons here i decided i better quit pushing my luck and get the spare stator for it going. I'm guessing it has been rebuilt cuz the inside shroud is missing and it's painted grey. Also the wires are all black instead of red, blue, yellow and black. However, they do have colored bands on them indicating which is which is which. I've compared the two and they are wired exactly the same but the spare runs in reverse, with no other issues, it starts and stops just fine. I am thinking maybe a couple of the colored bands were put on the wrong wires. If so, does anyone know which two you would switch around to reverse it?
    Charley
    82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
    2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

sounds to me like the wires are labeled incorrectly. Use a multimeter and check the resistance of your windings. your start windings will have a resistance of 4-5ohms and your run windings will have around 2. numbers wont be exact but the start windings resistance should be roughly double what the run windings are. Once you figure this out you can make sure the wires are labeled properly. Red and black for start, yellow and blue for run. then double check that everything is wired properly. I had a combo motor that ran backwards and found that it was wired up wrong
    Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

Your best option is to switch the X and Z wires on the motor receptacle - I ran into this on a machine once and it turned my hair gray way too fast - the stator you pulled off probably needs X & Z swapped also so you don't experience a repeat of this on another machine!!

Comment

i use all GE motors in my center and have had this problem before its not a major issue, if your using a solid state start switch on the motor then just reverse the wiring the start winding, should be red and black from the solid state start switch

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
        Working...
        X