Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with a 82-70 table problem

got 82-70 i got one lane here it set a full rack of pins down just fine but win it goes to pick A spare up the table drops real fast and lower than what it should drop thanks yall

Sounds like the table drive is stuck in the unlatched position. Watch it after it sets pins and make sure the finger locks in place into the table drive when it stops.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

i will check thanks

Comment

After the roll pin breaks in the drive the spring falls out. I drilled all my pins to 1/8" Gets rid of the 1-3 break downs a yr.

Comment

I would say either the table drive eccentric latch has problems or there is a ton of grease in the eccentric notch, or the shuttle operator is not 'releasing' fully after spotting.

Comment

I would say either the table drive eccentric latch has problems or there is a ton of grease in the eccentric notch, or the shuttle operator is not 'releasing' fully after spotting.

Comment

Seriously I don't know how that double post happened.... where is the delete post button?

Comment

Tablejam nailed it - read it twice - that was his point - so you didn't miss it!! Cheers, TJ!!

Comment

thanks everyone yall put me in the right spot some parts on the table drive were loose moved around a little bit and table ran fine so going to swap table drive out and will post back thanks again for yall post

Comment

On the converse, I had a lane where the latch wouldn't lift out and the table never traveled any lower than respot height. It turned out I'd just been overzealous with the grease gun, and grease was oozing slowly out into the notch, creating enough suction on the latch to keep it from lifting. I had to clean that latch with a rag every chance I got for a week!

Toby
                    82-70B, Stepper chassis
                    www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                      On the converse, I had a lane where the latch wouldn't lift out and the table never traveled any lower than respot height. It turned out I'd just been overzealous with the grease gun, and grease was oozing slowly out into the notch, creating enough suction on the latch to keep it from lifting. I had to clean that latch with a rag every chance I got for a week!

Toby
                      Oh yeah, grease will do that!

Comment

I've been contemplating this issue for the last few days. On face value we have a problem involving the change in the table positioning. Whether or not the table runs to a spotting position or a re-spotting position. The only mechanism that controls this is the table drive and the spotting latch. I ran into a spotting issue the other day. Pins would not be released by the cups. I ran the table down to BDC and it was almost an inch off the deck. So I adjusted the clevis a good 4 turns out. While working around the machine I noticed that the 10 cell had jumped the block and the finger was hanging behind. After replacing the cell I now had a table hitting the deck. Adjusting the clevis back in and I had everything back to normal. How would fingers being blocked cause the table to not drop to it's lowest position?
                        Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietenpol View Post
                          I've been contemplating this issue for the last few days. On face value we have a problem involving the change in the table positioning. Whether or not the table runs to a spotting position or a re-spotting position. The only mechanism that controls this is the table drive and the spotting latch. I ran into a spotting issue the other day. Pins would not be released by the cups. I ran the table down to BDC and it was almost an inch off the deck. So I adjusted the clevis a good 4 turns out. While working around the machine I noticed that the 10 cell had jumped the block and the finger was hanging behind. After replacing the cell I now had a table hitting the deck. Adjusting the clevis back in and I had everything back to normal. How would fingers being blocked cause the table to not drop to it's lowest position?
                          That one makes my brain hurt.

The only thing I can think of if one finger jumped a bumper enough to reposition the cell yoke, it's possible that the other finger was in the way of the cup causing a bind and since the spot rod pulls on the table to tilt the cups down, any bind in the cup tilt will result in the table losing some of its downward travel- such as when a pin is wedged in a cup in a way the pin is against the table yoke a won't let the cups tilt- the table never makes it to BDC when this happens. Same idea but not as severe.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                            After the roll pin breaks in the drive the spring falls out. I drilled all my pins to 1/8" Gets rid of the 1-3 break downs a yr.
                            i agree, to me it sounds like the spring has fallen out and if the table is jolting i would be checking that the cone bearing in the eccentric is not loose or binding

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X