Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep part question

I know on the newer machines this part is different. You know on the 70 how it has the threaded link or "knuckle" that screws into the adjustable bracket on the machine for the telescoping links to set sweep height (which are sort of annoying to get set at that perfect 90 degrees to the frame) and the new machines simply have a solid angle bracket that has a slot for the rod end, so much simpler. Well two things I wonder about this....

1. Will this part work on a 70 to replace the bracket and threaded link?

2. How rugged is this... will it bend easily if the sweep gets hits a few times?

I was wondering the same thing myself tablejam
    scottlachlan

Comment

Let's get Billy T on this.... he would know.

Comment

I put this setup on one of my lanes years ago because I saw it in a vantage catalog and said lets try it. Well it has been there between 3 to 4 years and not a peep from it,IT DOES WORK on a 70,and yes the bolt is always straight now
        70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
        Prolane Walker sport

Comment

That's what I was looking for, thanks Keeth.

Comment

You're welcome and it is so easy to put on too,just bolts in place.
            70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
            Prolane Walker sport

Comment

May we have a part number? This is the stuff!
              Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Originally posted by keeth View Post
                You're welcome and it is so easy to put on too,just bolts in place.
                Yeah I can imagine. Bolt it on, bolt in the rod end, then EASILY set your heights, mo messing with the damn threaded link trying to get it at 90 degrees, then when you do and you tighten the jam nut..... IT MOVES!

Cost wise, I would imagine this one part would be cheaper than the cast bracket, threaded link, and jam nut together.

You are awesome Keeth!

Comment

I went thru this last year and replaced all the rubber bumpers on the sweep stabilizer links with the urethane style. As well as put the one piece brackets on the shock mounts. Then the pizza slice bracket you speak of in place of the old cob pipe. I did not have a problem one with my sweeps after this. And way easy to
                  adjust.
                  I'll see you in the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                    Yeah I can imagine. Bolt it on, bolt in the rod end, then EASILY set your heights, mo messing with the damn threaded link trying to get it at 90 degrees, then when you do and you tighten the jam nut..... IT MOVES!

Cost wise, I would imagine this one part would be cheaper than the cast bracket, threaded link, and jam nut together.

You are awesome Keeth!
                    TJ LOL First time I ever heard that one.
                    GYM,I will find the part numbers today and post!
                    70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                    Prolane Walker sport

Comment

090 006 128 Sweep Link Bracket

Balls hitting the sweep won't bend it, but you could lose your adjustment.
                      Regards,

Billy T
                      bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

BillyT has beat me to it and here is the Bolt and nut #
                        809 869 245 bolt 7/16"-14X1.5
                        844 069 002 nut 7/16-14
                        To do a machine you need 2 of all 3 items
                        70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                        Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Originally posted by BillyT4QAMF View Post
                          090 006 128 Sweep Link Bracket

Balls hitting the sweep won't bend it, but you could lose your adjustment.
                          That is the one thing that might keep me away from this bracket, I do not want to have to re adjust sweeps after they get hit.

Can somebody post a pic of this bracket? I would like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                            That is the one thing that might keep me away from this bracket, I do not want to have to re adjust sweeps after they get hit.

Can somebody post a pic of this bracket? I would like to see it.
                            TJ mine has not moved since installed AND it certainly has been hit! I dont have access to pics but if you have access to the AMF portal thing you can see it there or if you have a Vantage catalog it is in there.
                            70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                            Prolane Walker sport

Comment

I will check it out.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X