Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep problem

machine will go into out of range mode.dont have sweep reverse.when u try rev and then run.u can here the sweep contactor close, but not run sweep back up.
    these are the things i have done..changed chassis from next machine..sweep reverse..run switch..caps..start switch..checked sweep plug .120 volts from x an y
    an x an z..if i run the sweep through an i get back to 0 degreesif i hold it a little it will go to first guard it self.could be a cam switch gone bad..i also checked off spot switch
    nothing does the same thing.needs some brains i guess.
    82/70 mp
    pbl lifts
    wood lns
    qubica scoring&qbump
    wh/motors
    kp/navigate&defence cx4
    32 lns

That's a real head-scratcher...

Almost sounds like a wire/connector in the reverse circuit. I've seen them 'over-crimped' and cut the wire inside the connector. They'll work for a while, then quit.
    If you've changed the reverse switch with a known working one.... ???????

I see you have MP chassis, did you change the ice-cube relay? Also check the C1 plug where the sweep rev goes in-out.

C1.png

My thoughts,

PinCup
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

pincup .i just got back from work ..if i get every thing back to zero,press cycle sweep does not stop at first guard,it stops at the 7 an 10 area and the table starts down causing
      interlock.that what happens when i start every thing over from stratch.yes i changed chassis no help.i will check those two wires in the mourning.could u give me some input on what i just posted may that can help...thx
      82/70 mp
      pbl lifts
      wood lns
      qubica scoring&qbump
      wh/motors
      kp/navigate&defence cx4
      32 lns

Comment

Ya sweep cams aren't loose are they?
        SMILE! TOMORROW'S GOING TO BE WORSE

Comment

Originally posted by showdon View Post
          pincup .i just got back from work ..if i get every thing back to zero,press cycle sweep does not stop at first guard,it stops at the 7 an 10 area and the table starts down causing
          interlock.that what happens when i start every thing over from stratch.yes i changed chassis no help.i will check those two wires in the mourning.could u give me some input on what i just posted may that can help...thx
          By that description it sounds like the sweep IS running in reverse until it stops at the back of the pindeck. When you changed chassis did you use the same relays? What happens if you swap the table and sweep motors with each other? Can you plug the table cord into the sweep motor and run the sweep motor through the table button or contactor- which way does it go? This is intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
            By that description it sounds like the sweep IS running in reverse

That's what I was thinking.... what HE said!

PinCup
            We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

i did not use other relays.i replaced the chassis.still done the same thing.cams are not loose or switches.also swaped heads on motors.will do somemore work on it in the mourning
              if anymore ideas. ill check tomorrow.thanks guys .
              82/70 mp
              pbl lifts
              wood lns
              qubica scoring&qbump
              wh/motors
              kp/navigate&defence cx4
              32 lns

Comment

When the sweep runs in reverse like this from zero it stops at the 7-10 line because that is when it activates SB which would stop it at first guard if it ran in the normal direction.

Comment

sweep is going in right direction..not reverse.also swap cam switches with table side...same problem.did a reading from sb cam nc wire up to c2a #311 pin ..it read fine
                  any other ideas..help
                  82/70 mp
                  pbl lifts
                  wood lns
                  qubica scoring&qbump
                  wh/motors
                  kp/navigate&defence cx4
                  32 lns

Comment

Originally posted by showdon View Post
                    sweep is going in right direction..not reverse.also swap cam switches with table side...same problem.did a reading from sb cam nc wire up to c2a #311 pin ..it read fine
                    any other ideas..help
                    How about the wire on the other side of the switch? If you're not sure how to check for this, you know how to reach me!
                    Regards,

Billy T
                    bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

sweep reverse switch wire right. It does sound like running in reverse. when the sweep starts does it first go up then down?
                      amf 82-70
                      B2000
                      quibca

Comment

billy good to here from u about my post..we found a wire pushed way back in the c1 plug 3rd row #4 pin socket .it did solve that problem of the sweep stoping at 7 an 10 area.but im back to the first problem i had which is no reverse sweep. when u try to reverse sweepmotor will hum. but the machine will reverse when u knock down 9 pins an leave one standing.now this started when i changed to the electronic start sw from zot.im thinking the problem is from the reverse sw in control box to terminal strip in front wire channel.well at moment i dont have any problems bowling on it until we have a out..of..range then we will just sweep the pins off and respot.but if anyone wants to give some inputs on first problem will help..thanks guys for repling to my problem.
                        82/70 mp
                        pbl lifts
                        wood lns
                        qubica scoring&qbump
                        wh/motors
                        kp/navigate&defence cx4
                        32 lns

Comment

i had this problem once. not saying that it will be your solution but i just swapped the sweep and table motors. something was funky with the sweep motor and i figured id give it a try and it worked for me. good luck finding the problem with this
                          watch out, they're everywhere!

Comment

Solid State start switches will do that. They won't let you reverse the sweep. You can make a wiring change inside the wireway of the machine that let's the auto sweep reverse work. I prefer to use potential relays on the sweep instead of solid state switches. It doesn't give any reversing headaches.

Comment

i meant when u knock off the 7 or the 10 pin it then will reverse back up automatic..just when u try to reverse it the switches...sorry about what i said in previous post.
                              82/70 mp
                              pbl lifts
                              wood lns
                              qubica scoring&qbump
                              wh/motors
                              kp/navigate&defence cx4
                              32 lns

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X