Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats to blame?

When a yo-yo occurs, what is more to blame the ball lift belt or the uprail covers?
    If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Lack of tension kit to keep pressure on lift

Use the 3/8 turnbuckle and front roller spring to keep pressure on the lift so it does not come away from the rails

Comment

If the ball is spinning then the belt has grip. So the rails are the culprit in my book. But if the lift is having a pressure issue then that could also prevent the ball from gripping the rails. That only applies to PBLs though, my kickers its pretty simple, yoyo means a rail cover issue 100% of the time. If the belt is the issue the ball wont even get off the starter pad
      Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

If the ball is free spinning on the rails I would say its the covers. If the ball is going up and down the rails e.g. ball is catching the belt then slipping I would say its a ball lift issue
        A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDays View Post
          If the ball is free spinning on the rails I would say its the covers. If the ball is going up and down the rails e.g. ball is catching the belt then slipping I would say its a ball lift issue
          I agree. What the ball does usually indicates what the problem is.

Comment

In a few cases (one in particular at my centre) it can also be an extremely OVER re-surfaced ball.... I have one guy who bowls on a Wednesday morning no matter what pair it alternates between yo-yo'ing down the back or spinning inside the options ball return...
            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
              In a few cases (one in particular at my centre) it can also be an extremely OVER re-surfaced ball.... I have one guy who bowls on a Wednesday morning no matter what pair it alternates between yo-yo'ing down the back or spinning inside the options ball return...
              Don't you hate that... haha. I haven't had one for a few years now though..

Comment

This is way amf made the gripper kit. The rail covers are to thin with todays oils and a heavy ball. We had Kickers on half the house and now its all pbl with
                the gripper kit. I have maybe three ball calls a month. Before we had upwards of 35 ball calls a month. We also use the old style long hook and small
                spring to keep the pressure down instead of the turnbuckle and front roller spring.
                I'll see you in the streets.

Comment

If the PBL belt when running flaps or you can see it waving as it rotates without a ball, this is an indication that it is loose and needs tightened.
                  If it yo yo's I would suggest the rails are too far away from the pbl.
                  How do you fix that, I hear you say.
                  Where the lift rails are connected to two brackets, one on each back end, loosen the retaining bolts enough, with the aid of a pinch bar,and make a piece of metal in to a C washer and slip it between the rail and the retaining bracket. It may drop out several times, but with patience you will drop it in place with the C facing down.
                  Then tighten the bolts and hey presto. You can use any piece of steel up to, I have had to use nearly 1/2", but normally 1/4" to 3/8".
                  The ball yo yo/s at the bottom and you hear a clunk clunk as it starts to climb and slip back.
                  With this you are giving the lift to pick the ball up quickly and as long as you keep the belt tight and rails and belt clean, this may surprise you.
                  Best wishes.
                  maister.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                    I had a sr. that had a Storm (alittle older) and I had issues on two pair. I asked if this ball was something new, he said it was in the closet and tried changing his span for a test. He said the driller had trouble getting it tight in the jig and busted out a hole drilling it. I never seen a non sanded ball be small until this.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                      I had a sr. that had a Storm (alittle older) and I had issues on two pair. I asked if this ball was something new, he said it was in the closet and tried changing his span for a test. He said the driller had trouble getting it tight in the jig and busted out a hole drilling it. I never seen a non sanded ball be small until this.
                      I had a guy at one of my old centre's abuse me cuz his ball wouldn't come back, told me can't be his ball cuz he takes good care of it, " had this ball 20 years son and got it re-surfaced every month in those 20 years"..... what a champion!!

Tried explaining to him that as good as an 82-70 is it simply CANNOT return a GOLF BALL!!!
                      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X