Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BELT RUNNERS OFF!

Belt runners off today, or at least half of them. As I have stated before, I am new to the 90XL, but after reading the pros and cons, I had to try it. I went from 15 calls a day, to ZERO tonight. Having said that, I may slowly put them back on as I get a little better at adjusting the kidney, but that was a life saver! Thanks Table Jam and King...

Also, I have a mod that I have done to stop the swinging from 3 to 2 that I would like to share, if I can figure out how to put a pic on here! I have also done an "on tilt" conversion with these black rough top belts that will blow your minds... Who freaking knows how long some of them have been on, but when I put new pins in they would not and I stress would not go up the damn dizzy, but I reversed them and all was well Go figure

I know many on here say it's great to have them removed, but I found mine ran like chite without them... they ran so much better once I put them back on and installed decent belts....
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Yep, just got in my first poly v to try today.. Getting ready to go on now...

Comment

My boss will not allow us to remove the rear belt runners and I agree with him. I can see how it can help (make the pan 'deeper') but I can also see how it may cause a problem. So far, adjustments, poly V belts, and MAYBE a slight quick little mod or adjustment here and there and that usually makes them work very well. The last shift I worked which was Sunday, I had ZERO pileups! It did get quite busy for awhile but they ran very nicely (I know I totally jinxed myself but oh well) and as it happens the machines I expected to have pileups on usually, because of the funky way they were installed, just recently got poly Vs on them and not a peep.

I am NOT saying the poly V belt will solve all of your distributor problems, because it cannot, but, it certainly does help when you have a distributor belt that grips the pins well.

Comment

Taking off belt runners is the best thing we have done! Our record is 7 days with no p\u on 40 lanes with 30 games a lane a day. I have found that the belt cant be too loose or it will cause problems. Also the poly v belt are great the first year but become hard and slick. Stahls sells a reall nice flat sticky belt that is awesome, only have 2 but plan on getting more.

Comment

Originally posted by Erock View Post
            Taking off belt runners is the best thing we have done! Our record is 7 days with no p\u on 40 lanes with 30 games a lane a day. I have found that the belt cant be too loose or it will cause problems. Also the poly v belt are great the first year but become hard and slick. Stahls sells a reall nice flat sticky belt that is awesome, only have 2 but plan on getting more.

Cleaning the poly V with certain cleaners or chemicals will ruin it.

Comment

I've tried a few belts over the years and found the poly v belts to be the best out of the lot. Although having said that Pin_Head just sent me a belt that he uses and so far I'm loving it, may even convert.
              SMILE! TOMORROW'S GOING TO BE WORSE

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed1 View Post
                I've tried a few belts over the years and found the poly v belts to be the best out of the lot. Although having said that Pin_Head just sent me a belt that he uses and so far I'm loving it, may even convert.
                So that belt going ok then? I am a huge fan of them now, thanks to Sean down in lovely Melbourne....
                AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

So down there in Australia do you guys install your distributor belts upside down too?

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                    So down there in Australia do you guys install your distributor belts upside down too?
                    Darn tootin' we do!! was made a lot easier by installing the complete lane and pinspotter upside down..... he have special cling-on bowling shoes so they don't fall "OFF" the approach!!

Makes for changing lights easy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                      Darn tootin' we do!! was made a lot easier by installing the complete lane and pinspotter upside down..... he have special cling-on bowling shoes so they don't fall "OFF" the approach!!

Makes for changing lights easy!!!

That's too funny

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post

That's too funny

Comment

I have respected many of your post pin head, and that was very unfair to me... I yes indeed turn those crystalized belts upside down that had been on my machines for 8 years and they ran like a champ. I am 8 months into this job and thought it was cool that it ran better. I have 16 more poly v's on the way, and that will help also. I am fighting a war of neglect for at least the past 5 years and doing all that I can..

But I will promise you this, if you try to run a "rough top" with new pins, and your freaking dizzy belt is 6 to 8 years old, it will do better ran upside down! I also know that you guys that stay on top of things dont see the crap that I am seeing, but I WILL fix it.

O well, been fun on bowltech, and will continue to follow, but will no longer post something that I think will help someone else in my situation..

Thanks,

Dave
                          423-571-0752

Comment

I think its safe to say that a lot of us have seen the same "crap" you have so at least for me I can say I sympathize with you. We did have a guy here who thought it would be a good idea to run roughtop belts upside down, but it didn't work on these machines.

Comment

What did I do or say wrong that was unfair?? Dave If I offended you in ANY way mate I am so so so sorry, trust me that is NEVER my intention, if you are referring to the upside down remark I think TJ meant because we are upside down here in Australia...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X