Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotting issue

need help....82-70 machine....can't get the table to spot pins each time....replaced complete spotting mechanism....cups wave and table goes about half way down and then back up....always spots the next time when all 10 pins are already in the cups.....only does it when the shuttle has to engage

Check your roll pins on the shaft on the top of your table drive

Comment

Check the stop bolt for the shuttle.... I bet its sticking against the back of the latch.. Check the cams as well they could be over running.....
      I'm a proud member of www.bowluk.com

Comment

Was the eccentric over greased? I had a snafu not long ago when I pumped too much grease into that bearing. It oozed out into the notch and the suction prevented the latch from lifting. If I ran the spot cycle a second time, it would usually lift out and spot just as you've described. Give it a clean and see if that helps.

Toby
        82-70B, Stepper chassis
        www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
          Was the eccentric over greased? I had a snafu not long ago when I pumped too much grease into that bearing. It oozed out into the notch and the suction prevented the latch from lifting. If I ran the spot cycle a second time, it would usually lift out and spot just as you've described. Give it a clean and see if that helps.

Toby
          As Toby points out grease in the table drive eccentric notch can cause issues, it can prevent the eccentric from locking and also prevent it from unlocking.

Good tip Toby, I think that is something that is easily overlooked.

Comment

when you say "spotting mechanism" what do you mean exactly?

the spring on the spot solenoid can be adjusted too low/too tight and it will have a hard time engaging the solenoid. Like mentioned above see where the table drive eccentric is stopping if its too late it won't catch in time to unlatch and let the table go down the first run through.
            When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X