Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounce Board dilemma

Got a busted RR BB to replace. The bolt heads are smooth with the "I don't know what that is" underneath. Anybody seen this before? Looks like the hand grinder will come out.
    Attached Files
    "The secret of managing is to keep the guys who hate you away from the guys who are undecided."

Never seen those in my life... but Yeah I'm with your second choice, I'd be pulling out the trusty 110mm Makita Grinder and cutting those suckers off....
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

What drive is in the head of the bolt? (crape the crud out)

Comment

The are off of real old 70's or 30's - I have seen them in a couple places I have been

Take out the right angle grinder and cut off the back side

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
          What drive is in the head of the bolt? (crape the crud out)
          That's the thing, there is no drive and the crude is cleaned out. You are looking at the shiny smooth heads.
          "The secret of managing is to keep the guys who hate you away from the guys who are undecided."

Comment

almost look like allen head
            amf 82-70
            B2000
            quibca

Comment

Must have run the nuts on the back with some tool. As said before lop them off with your grinder. I tried using carriage bolts with Bowl Tuff plastic bounce plates (Dave made special) so that you would'nt have to counter sink the bolts and lesson the thickness of the plate.

Comment

There is no nut - and there was no nut

The early machine had rivets - and they are good rivets as I recall - the body on them are hard and can be tough to get off

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                  There is no nut - and there was no nut

The early machine had rivets - and they are good rivets as I recall - the body on them are hard and can be tough to get off
                  So they were designed not to be repaired. (easily) ?

Comment

Wow that is wacky!

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                      and they are good rivets as I recall
                      Good rivets to say the least. The serial #'s on the 70s are in the 99,000 range and if I'm guessing right, that puts the age of the machines 45+ years old. If this is an original part, wow! None of the rivets are loose.

Comment

Wow. Brings back memories. Didn't have the use of a hand grinder so had to punch back out each rivet with a punch and hammer. After 20 lanes of this, my arms were in pretty good shape, but never ever want to go through that again.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X