Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Issue

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Issue

    Hey guys, I have a new one. I am operating in Stand Alone since my monitors are not working...but every time I turn the machine on at the framemeter it starts in second ball...but it is completely fine the rest of the time it is being used...Only happens when I turn the machine on...I have 82/70 SS Chassis Machines

    Thanks for the help ahead of time.

    Cameron

  • #2
    What's in your chassis? (5-boards or Omega-Tek) Move chassis to a good lane and board to another.

    Comment


    • #3
      Take the Auxiliary board out - it is not needed - it is probably causing the issue

      If not change Omega Tek boards if the Auxiliary board removal does not work

      Comment


      • #4
        hey rivmike, i can tell you he is running SS chassis with the old 5 boards, and still has the Aux board on the side of the chassis....
        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

        Comment


        • #5
          If not the Aux board, from memory been so long since I have worked with 5 boards, couldn't the 4 board also cause that?? wasn't that related to scoring the 4 board??
          AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

          Comment


          • #6
            Oh brother 5 boards, I remember dealing with this at another house but can't remember which board it was. I would say you could swap boards one at a time until it stops but with the 5 boards this gets very tricky as some of the boards don't like to play nice with others, so that can complicate things and cause other issues. If you do decide to swap make sure you document exactly which board you swap and where it goes or came from, so that way if things take a turn for the worst you'll know where to put the boards to get you back to where you started.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
              If not the Aux board, from memory been so long since I have worked with 5 boards, couldn't the 4 board also cause that?? wasn't that related to scoring the 4 board??
              Yup - the aux board can cause this, at this point it's really worthless. But usually the aux board will cause the chassis to get stuck in 1st or 2nd ball. PLUS - Get rid of the 5 boards! Get Omega Tek MK-70's or you will be pi$$ing into the wind.
              I've had enough of hope & chains.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                Oh brother 5 boards, I remember dealing with this at another house but can't remember which board it was. I would say you could swap boards one at a time until it stops but with the 5 boards this gets very tricky as some of the boards don't like to play nice with others, so that can complicate things and cause other issues. If you do decide to swap make sure you document exactly which board you swap and where it goes or came from, so that way if things take a turn for the worst you'll know where to put the boards to get you back to where you started.

                Yeah. Often remember times where a 3 board would work in all chassis but one go figure...
                AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  1 plays nice with 2, 3, and 4 but not 5, swap it and now 2 and 3 don't work with 1, swap it now 4 doesn't work with 2 and sometimes 5 .......

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                    1 plays nice with 2, 3, and 4 but not 5, swap it and now 2 and 3 don't work with 1, swap it now 4 doesn't work with 2 and sometimes 5 .......

                    That's the problem with the old PC1-5 boards. They all use transistors that need to have a steady power supply, and all transistors used in those boards have slight differences that react to changes in supply voltage. Add to that, the fact that each chassis has a different supply voltage from the T1 transformer (some high, some low, some 'sorta' close), and it's a recipe for a lot of problems. Deep 6 the old boards and replace them with an Omega Tek board - 90%+ of those problems will disappear. The O-T board has a regulated power supply that is far more stable than the 5 boards and doesn't rely on the capacitors in the chassis.
                    I've had enough of hope & chains.

                    Comment

                    Topic Starter RibbonScript

                    Collapse

                    Adsense Classic 2

                    Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                     

                    Well this is a first.

                    We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...
                     

                    Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

                    Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...
                     

                    Even old mechanics find something new.

                    All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...
                     

                    82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

                    We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...
                     

                    Prolane damage

                    Can this be repaired?
                     

                    LED Ball Lights

                    Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X