Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring shock

allright guys love the spring shock but sometines the ball and pddle will meet halve way and stalls the belt slips and burns up kickers on the hump back the ball stalls then a ball on each side again the belt stops what i do is put belt dressing stops the problem what do you guys do in this situation? tried shorten the circle works ok but still stalls

Did you try loosening the springs? Allow it to compress pass the obstruction. This can lead to a few more pins in the exit calls, but I always tried to have mine as loose as possible.

I didn't think humpbacks used kickers. I've never worked at a center that had them.
    Any pics or video to share?

PinCup
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

no they dont but have a couple humpys

Comment

You can also put extra tension on the mouse trap with a chain and spring. I have a few pairs I have put them on and belt doesn't slip anymore.

Comment

From my experience, with kickers, the hydraulic drive links work best. You see why the spring ones dont already. I had mostly spring drive links and now have about 10 hydraulic (10 to go) and will eventually swap them all out. You end up with the deadlock when the drive link is pushing the ball out with an equal amount of force as the kicker is tryng to push the ball in. If your secondary belt loses grip it stops.

If youre bent on using the spring drive links, take your paddle drive belt tensioner assembly out, turn a new secondary belt inside out, and place the v into the tensioner pulley. You will probably find that the pulley has worn down and the pulley no longer grabs the belt by the V but the only point of contact is the small flat part of the belt. Theres your loss of grip. A new pulley and belt will make contact on the V only, leaving a gap between the pulley and flat part of the belt.

I had this headache for months and couldnt figure it out until one day i decided to look at the pulley. You would think rubber on metal wouldnt wear the metal but it does after years and years and years of use
          Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

Originally posted by inthepits View Post
            You can also put extra tension on the mouse trap with a chain and spring. I have a few pairs I have put them on and belt doesn't slip anymore.
            Simple, cheap, easy, quick fix that works.

Comment

thanks tried putting more tension and it works have a good day

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X