Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70 table problem

hey guys. i have a table that i have a few problems with. First of all this particular table was replaced before i got here and it was not done properly. The biggest problem is that i cant get the 3 pin on spot. it needs to be kicked in but it is out of adjustment and it hits the z bar.i loosened all the collars on the yoke and slid it and readjusted it and it still wont.i replaced all the bushings on the z bar and checked to see if it was bent and it isn't. i also can't get the flag tool to hit the center of the spot on the head pin however the 7 and 10 are perfect..im sure im over looking something but i just can't figure it out. i also changed the triangle bracket on the spot rod spring support as it was really worn out..please help.... thanks to all that reply
    mrmopar

You might have to loosen the front unistrut and track brackets and pry the front end over to get more centered for the flagging. The frames are normally spread for clearance for the long sweep rod bolt heads, but you can usually relax one side for flagging. As a last resort, you can loosen the collars on the front x-casting feet and fudge the front of it over for clearance of the cups to z bar.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

How can you flag the 7 and 10 perfectly but have the head pin off? That doesn't seem possible to me. I guess the tilt could be off a little which could slightly alter the flagging. Is the table level?

Comment

ok ted can i also slide all the z bar brackets over also? bwc its not perfect but real close. i was wondering the same. this table does need leveled and all adjustments gone through i will start with that and let everyone know thanks
        mrmopar

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
          How can you flag the 7 and 10 perfectly but have the head pin off? That doesn't seem possible to me. I guess the tilt could be off a little which could slightly alter the flagging. Is the table level?
          I agree and if the 7 and 10 are dead on and the 1 is off then something is wrong there. Only thing I can figure is the table is not level. As far as the 3 pin you say the table was not installed correctly so it was not flagged, but it is also possible the X frame is not square with the table either.

Comment

the z bar brackets have key ways so you will only be able to go so far.
            Batty Bird

it aint what you do ...... its the way that you do it

Comment

Although possibly unrealistic depending on your linage and most certainly time consuming, it sounds like you need to start over. In the long run, it's going to take less time to start over and do things right than it is going to take you to figure out what someone else did wrong.

A buddy of mine owns his own auto repair shop, he charges an extra $20 per hour if you worked on it first just for this reason.

On the bright side if you pull it out, it's a perfect opportunity to power wash it make it all pretty like.
              Change the chassis, is not the answer.

Comment

This might sound a bit stupid and obvious but the clamps and nuts that hold the cup to the bar aint been put back upside down have they?
                Im guessing you have a steel table? as already mentioned its impossible to have the 7+10 flagged but the head pin out. Something is defo wrong there.
                If you have a spare table then fit that onto the lane, or take the table out and strip the table and cells completely down to bare bones. check every collar, bush, everything for problems. Seems a pain but sometimes best to start over than to be wasting time endlessly fault finding in a machine with no space to move in.

Comment

Has the table yoke been repaired around the 3 area?

I have a few 'close' tables where I've had to remove the spacer next to the Z bar arm at the 3
                  cup so I could slide it on spot. The cup gets real close to the yoke but does not hit it. If the cup, in this situation, is hitting the yoke the cup may be bent.

Why don't you list the procedure you use to flag the table, maybe there is something in there we can find.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X