Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting Cups and pins are jerky when spotting

hi guys, I am new to this bowltech thing so I hope i am doing this right.
    our machines are the 82/70 xli upgrades and i have one machine that when it starts its spot cycle, the cups do not move forward smoothly. they are jerky and often fall over when spotting. Any advise you can give me would be great

Welcome to Bowl Tech AMF_Geoffro. It could be several things look for it the cups are rubbing on the X-Frame, sounds like your table motor gear box going bad or table shaft. Could be the springs on the spot and respot arms. Could be your table drive clevis has a bind in it. Hope that helps what to check.
    Thanks,
    Rick

Comment

We had a similar problem, Like AMFsupt says first, ours was because pincups were too close to xframe not allowing smooth movement

Comment

Check your yoke springs as well...if they are too tight the cups will jerk. Too loose and the pins will wobble when set.
        Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

^And if one of the springs break it can jerk and dump pins.

I guess the real question is is the actual table itself jerking causing the pins to be dumped or is it just the cups jerking?

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
            ^And if one of the springs break it can jerk and dump pins.

I guess the real question is is the actual table itself jerking causing the pins to be dumped or is it just the cups jerking?
            Good point TJ. OS sporatically grounding or GPS?
            Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym View Post
              Good point TJ. OS sporatically grounding or GPS?
              Also slop somewhere in the table gearbox/shaft/drive/clevis area or bad bearings. Those things can cause a 'jerky' table which, if bad in the right way, can dump pins.

Comment

You might wanna try either changing or strpping and regreasing the table drive eccentric. We have 2 lanes with the same suspected problem. Gearbox could be failing. Any oil leaking? grinding somwhere? yoke springs? Many possibles for this problem

Comment

I'm thinking a bad or dry bearing.

Comment

good candidate for hand cranking into spot. Engage the latch and crank the pins to the deck to see if you feel any binding or notice anything odd.
                    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Typical machines, I leave the place and they machines act like bitches, probably just to test you out Geoff....
                      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X