TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep drift MP chassis

Had a bad sweep drift causing 2 interlocks today. changed the chassis, and the drift went away.

swapped out the cube relays with the spare chassis, still drifts. Changed MP board from spare chassis, still drifts.

probably unrelated, but C1 looked good and wires to the contactor looks good. The contactor is a newer style, white with a blue slider button compared to the older pull in style.

Whats my next step? Thanks.

I'd still swap the sweep contactor with another chassis to see what happens. Even though it's a newer contact I've seen them cause sweep drift, when they are new out of the box.
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
      I'd still swap the sweep contactor with another chassis to see what happens. Even though it's a newer contact I've seen them cause sweep drift, when they are new out of the box.
      'Specially if it's the aftermarket replacement contacts for the open style Allen Bradleys.
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

The newer style die rather quickly unfortunately and drift.
        70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
        Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Originally posted by keeth View Post
          The newer style die rather quickly unfortunately and drift.
          My thought also, the new steel seems inferior to the old stuff. (through out the whole machine) this is something that most already know.

Comment

If its the one I think it is then the contactor is probably bad. Do a continuity test across both sets of N.C. contacts and see what kind of reading you get manually operating the contactor several times.

Comment

There seems to be more of a load braking than starting and the contactor just don't make it.
              70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
              Prolane Walker sport

Comment

I ran out of time to really dig into it yesterday. Got some great things to look for, ill post back with what i find. Thank you fellas.

Comment

This is the only ones I'll use:

Comment

I had one of those. Had nothing but problem. Could not get rid of the sweep drifting. Change chassis and the drift went away. Its a newer contactor. I usually use the push button one but this is the one i was sent.
                    amf 82-70
                    B2000
                    quibca

Comment

That's an Alan Bradley, they are good, that's what Stah'l is selling. (the push button is in the center) I think your chasis may have had iffy C1 pins. Or I guess you could get a defective contactor.

Comment

Best contactors on the market.

Comment

I second what Wb8yjf posted, Stahl's has those and those contactors are very very very good. I've put in several so far and not had any issues yet, but I don't really expect any since the contacts inside are not pieces of paper. The only minor thing is, and its not anything had, but they are a bit larger so you may have to make new holes for the mount on the chassis so you can move it over a touch, makes wiring it and installation a lot easier and I will gladly do that if these are superior.

Comment

Originally posted by StahlsSeventys View Post
                            You know I would have to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by StahlsSeventys View Post
                              I gotta tell ya, after close to 30 years in this business, the original A/B open style were the bomb. Solid. But since - youse guys have the only one I'll use.

I've seen 'em come & go - this one is the best.

(Where is my royalty check? )

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

MP Chassis Tester

Good morning,
                              I have built a tester for the MP Chassis for the 82-70 machines. Instead of using the cam switches
                              I am using relays. My question is to anyone that may...

Preventative Maintenance - As, Jets, A2s - LEDs

Those of you looking for new LED lighting ideas may want to check out this site. Lots of stuff.

www.ledsupply.com...

4:1 Timing off..

*sigh* Hello friends..

I had a 4:1 go bad and I've never seen or done one before. Trying to search the depths of the forums, YouTube videos, it didn't seem too bad....

Adapting the Bluffton end cap & terminal board kit to Franklin BE (and FE) motors.

Left a rant about this in the bowling forum…

I’ve already repaired a a number of Franklin FE motors using the Bluffton-style end cap and terminal board kit (090-004-582)....

Turret clutch rebuild

At what thickness do you replace the clutch face.
                              Is there a minimum dimension from the clutch face to the rivet.

Thanks...

Solderless relay conversion

Is anyone running the solderless relays on the accelerators? How do you like them? What brand? How difficult to convert was it? Would love the feed back as I'm about to switch...
                              Working...
                              X