Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dead chassis

ok i have this problem with my spare chassis. Its got an M/P board in it. the problem is that it won't do anything. All that happens is the pit light goes on. all of the contacts(sweep,table,B.E.) work by pressing them manually. I tried changing the board, the T1, all the realys (all realy plugs are good too) changed the smaller transformers. I swapped the parts with new ones, so they should be all good. All of the amp plugs are good. everything seems to be wired up O.K. Well, I know there are a lot of veterans out there, and I hope u can give me a few good ideas. thanks

Re: dead chassis

Did you check all the pins in the C1 and C2 plugs. If one of those is burnt or push in, you won't get any machine function at all. I had this problem with a chassis be for, and there was a burnt pin in the C1 plug. Give this a try and let me know if it works.
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Yup already tried this. One of them looked a little crispy, changed it but nothing still happened. By the way, the reason it broke in the first place is because a pinchaser dropped it from the top of the machine. thankx

Comment

Tricky...

Is this chassis a true MP or a wanna-be MP(converted SS)?

If it is a true MP, what happens when you hit the Program Zero button on the side of the chassis? If that doesn't work, make sure your pinsetter is at complete electrical zero before zeroing machine. Let us know which type of chassis it is and we'll go from there.

Best of luck!
        Kat
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Absolutley nothing happpens when I press the zero sitch on the side. This is a true M/p with no conversions at all. This thing has really got me stumped. Plus it is my only spare in a 40 lane house so I want to fix it as soon as possible. Please keep trying posting these good replies. thankx

Comment

will the table and sweep run using the cam levers?If so it might be a cycle problem.

Comment

You might want to check the MP board sockets if you haven't already. The impact of the chassis hitting the floor might have knocked one of the wires off or bent one of the socket connectors.

Comment

Try holding the first ball switch, while at the same time, holding Program Zero. Hold them for a count of 10... See what happens!

Comment

Have you tried (I'm sure you have, but thought I bring it up anyway) taking a known working MP board from another Chassis?
                  Also, which model boards are you using?
                  9850? 9860? or 9861?

If the board is known good, double check your CBs (1-4) on the side of the chassis. Check for continuity on each CB.
                  Also swap known working relays (M1, M2, & S). Be careful with the S relay, as all relays are 24VAC. On the older SS (or wanna-be MPs) the S relay is 10VDC. Common problem in centers with both types of chassis mixing and matching relays in the wrong sockets. Let me know if this helps!

Kat
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Check the fuses if you have them. I had a similar problem, pit light worked but no motor function. Checked everything but nothing worked. I checked that little 2.5 amp fuse and that was it.
                    Good Luck Knuckles

Comment

Sorry, havent been online for awhile. It ended up being the cb4. Figured this out well over a month ago. Thanks for all the replies

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse