Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humpback 300

can anyone tell me who is the distributor/manufacturer for the humpback 300 system. i would like to test some out here in belgium.

thanks

rd500

Re: humpback 300

thank you very much GPS

let us all know how your Humpys are running

rd500

Comment

THE HUMP BACK 300 IS A WASTE OF MONEY!IF YOUR KICKERS & FILLER PLATES ARE ADJUSTED PROPERLY YOU SHOULD HAVE NO BALL PROBLEMS.IVE ONLY WORKED W/THE HUMP BACK IN 1 CENTER AN I WAS NOT IMPRESSED!!!KEEP YOUR KICKER SYSTEM & SPEND MONEY ELSEWHERE

Comment

I disagree Danno Z. I have installed 2 of the humpback300 systems and I love them. I just ordered a 3rd one and plan on having all my lanes done by next year with this system. I agree the kickers need to be clean and adjusted, but the problem is with the newer balls means more oil and that means more problems. If you're having good luck with the kickers god bless you, but I had more problems with them than I like to count.
        I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I was ever was. http://www.bowltech.com/forums/impor...2012/smile.gif

Comment

well ive beat my head against the wall for many a decade with kickers. Danno, im gonna quote Tech Mech and ask "do you oil your lanes or is that some kind of mystery lube in your center?"...lol...just kiddin. Kickers work great so long as sneezing from the foul line is your method of oiling lanes...or you do oil the lanes enough for these super-hooka-mega-mania resin balls and ban dinasaurs from bowling on those same lanes...In my opinion

im slowly converting my kickers over to PBL's...and i luv PBL's....nothin against humpbacks...just never tried them.

and yeah, with the PBL's i get the yo-yo dinasurs...i have my own method for dealing with them ;0) after i deal with them (which takes3secs) i can get back to goofin off...sure beats standin behind the pair with my flat gutter strip and whackin the dinasaur every time it gets thrown as with the kickers

perhaps our click word for the pain in the ass balls could be a yo-yo-a-saurus

[This message has been edited by Coors (edited 01-26-2000).]

Comment

on a seperate note...i prefer the kicker mechanical rudder & speed sheave...over the PBL LBS (light ball sensor's). I got about six spare LBS's....anybody want one?...LOL

Comment

I don't know anything about kicker ball lifts, but I have heard that they have trouble if you want to put a lot of oil on the lanes. If you have a PBL ball lift I think you really have no need for the humpback300. I have seen the ones at my center pick up 20 year old oil-soaked rubber "rocks", 6-pound kid's bowling balls, and just about everything in between.

Comment

Yep, spent many a decades on kickers myself. You can have your kickers and eat em too. I had 60 ball calls last month with 45 of them on 3 kicker units (the last of 16 to be converted). Those 3 units are brand-new everything and perfectly centered and they still suck!

Coors I'm telling ya, if you want to goof off for 3 more seconds per day try Stahls covers. We call them the John Holmes of all tube covers. Although, one did have to be shimmed out 3/16" on the bottom. My only ball jams on PBL's are an occasional pin in the door because the carpets were cut to short from "wedgies"

TECH

Comment

We've had our "humper" in now for a month and it's great! I'm probably somewhere in the middle with respect to kickers, (there old hat but you can still work with them) but being the dinosaurs that they are - it gets more difficult every year. I've had PBL's as well, and the humpback beats this system as well. Key reason - less parts, therefore less maintenance and cost.

Comment

Hey Danno I have to agree with Joe my two humpbacks work great. Maybe you don't use much lane oil. Out here in the west we use lots of oil, and trust me the kicker system out here is not so hot. I've battled kicker problems for at least 5 years, and the humper solved my problems. Of course if you screw up on the install you can have probs.
                    Ron M

Comment

got my literature on humpbacks a few days ago...i like the fact the humpback lifts have an adjustment on the lower yoke to adjust the angle of the lift...PBL's could use that too ya know...lol

Comment

danno z i have only seen 1 picture of the humpback so i know next to nothing about it but why dont you think it is worth haveing and does anyone have pics of it they can post. i have a centre with old amf vertical ball lifts and have just upgraded 2 pair with pbl units.
                        Si Senor, Derdago, Forte Lorez inaro.
                        Demainte Lorez, Demis Trux,
                        Foolacous Andens Andux.

Comment

Has anyone tried Stahls air exits. I've got them through-out the house now 24 lanes and ball calls are virtually eliminated. Occasionally a pin will get caught in the door but other than that its all good. I agree with most of you if you put any amount off oil on the lanes kickers are way too much trouble. The air exits cost about $900 dollars but believe me they are worth it.
                          David Cliffe
                          Asst. Mgr.
                          Mechanic
                          Youth Advisor
                          Pro Shop Mgr.

Comment

please explain an air exit.....i think i've heard of it once....but i thought the guy was makin it up....lol

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse