Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many pinjams

I am having problems with the pins slipping on my distributor belts causing pinjams. This is on every lane. It happens no matter how much I try to clean the belt. I think the problem is caused be the thickness and the amount of oil that my center uses. Any ideas on something to put on the belts or anyway to prevent this would be very helpfull.
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Re: Too many pinjams

8270, What belts are you using on your distributors? Let me know this and I will try to help you. I have my own belt that might help your problem that I have been using in several centers. You can email me directly if you like. Thank you, Steve
    Prevent the problems. Don't do crash repairs.

Drywall in a bowling center: Recipe for disaster.

Comment

What are you using to clean your belts? I use the same mixture that I put in the stripper tank of my chairman. Cleans like crazy.
      Where are the pins slipping? Is it at front where the pin just comes off the tray, or at the end? If it is at the front, you might want to check the pan beneath the belt and make sure that they are not bent downwards. This will prevent the belt from "picking up the pin" quickly enough. It looks like slipping but it is not really.
      If it is at the end, make sure your trip arm stop blades are greased, and that they are not worn. This can cause the pin to slip on even the cleanest belt.
      Lastly, set up a regular pit carpet cleaning schedule. We rug doctor ours twice a week. Keeps everything clean, most importantly, our bowlers shirts.

Comment

Well, the pins are slippng on the whole belt. What I mean is that they slip on various places. With the pit running, you can slide pins up and down the distributor without any resistance. This is especially a problem with new pins, but all my pins have the same problem. It's like the belt has no "grip" on the pins. I use a liquid rosin to clean the belts. It leaves them kind of sticky but the pins still slip a little.

Comment

try using a rough top distributor belt, my center also using heavy oil but never had that problem because of oil. also check rear belt runner make sure it is not bent down. check pin feed also
          jim k.

Comment

We are using the "rough top" distributor belt. We have other belts too, but the problem is on all the belts.

Comment

In the past I've used neat stripper and a gentle rub with a wire brush (only as a last resort) it will introduce a little friction into the belt at the cost of accelerated wear.Also do you use a lot (if any) lubrication on your orienter pans?
              Check the distance from the the top of the bin assembly to the underside of the distributor. If its quite large you may find the distributor is running at an excessive angle upwards causing gravity to take a larger effect.

Good luck

Comment

What kind of shape are the carpets in and also which ones are you using? We have found at our center that the older style AMF and Vantage premiun carpets leave heavy film of oil on them causing all sorts of pinjams, especially on on a heavy oil condition. Since then we have replaced those carpets with the "Ugly White" carpet. They may cost a little more, but they don't get oil soaked like the other carpets and have cut down our pinjams considerably to almost nil no matter how much oil we put down. Good luck.

Comment

Are the pins stopping when they come to the index fingers? Every since we got the Phoenix-s, I had this problem since we put down 25mL per lane. We cured it by placing a washer or two under the front bumper stop of the index fingers. You will need to readjust your trip arm. Also make sure your clutch is clean and gear bushing is lubed.

TECH

Comment

to me it sounds like you need to check 3 things out

1. i use the yellow grippy belt from eastern bowling, i find it to be the most consistent belt for gripping pins, and its more pliable than the rough top

2. check to make sure your post is pointing directly upright, if it is leaning back towards your pinwheel, it could be giving the pins the up hill climb feeling

3. are you getting enough roll off your orientator pan, is your dizzy to high on the post, or your pin rail too low

i hope these ideas can give you a bit of help to your problem
                    i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

also another couple of things to check is

are the two rails on the front of your dizzy touching the pin, causing it to lift off the belt

and is your fingers hard to trip, are you regularly gresing your trip fingers, and lubing your trip rod, are the clutches over adjusted as well, this can cause poor tripping of the fingers
                      i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

i agree totally with craig chandler
                        be sure to check that your distributor is no less than 1/8 above the top of the bin switch bolt and no more than 3/8's. be sure to make certain that the distributor post is
                        completelly verticle. i have also found that using neat lane stripper will pull the oil out of any belting. using neat stripper also causes the bely to become slightlly sticky
                        which also helps your cause.

Comment

get yourself some rough top belts, slightly bend up the ends of the orientation pan to help guide the "over-orienting' pins...due to excess lane oil...careful with the ten pin side as the under side may interfere with the trip rod when distributor retracts behind the 4 pin. Put the washer under the gromet of the 7pin side trip arm as TechMech suggested (done it for years TechMech and works great) and use belt risers to help the transfer from pinwheel to the dist. dont worry about cleaning the belts...at least not once you have rough tops....good luck

Comment

use rough tops not vantage is thick but does not grip suggest orange rough top from stahls 6124322231 phone sometimes after this you have to have clearence of bin switch nut 9height to bin) may need to open guild infron of dist where belt goes through and if pins end up on floor making a guild on side of dist

[This message has been edited by bowlingpinman (edited 09-26-1999).]

Comment

The green high grip dist. belts from vantage work good. Rough tops have no resistence.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse