Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep reverse out?

ok another dumb question i need help with,i had the sweep reverse go out on me so this is what i have checked out so far,switched out chassis,checked all connections on sr switch,changed out sweep caps,checked timing on sa1,checked wiring from sr switch to tac board and all is good? any ideas on what to check? these are 82-70's with mp chassis,thanks for any ideas you guys might have.just an update on this problem i checked everything out again tonight and i am getting 120 volts to the motor plug and the sweep runs fine on a full cycle just not on oor or 7 10 pick off when its suppose to run in reverse?

[ March 16, 2001: Message edited by: beakerman64 ]thanks for the ideas guys i finally found it last night it was the motor that i switched out it also was not working in reverse,i dont understand why fowards was fine but no reverse on two different motors?

[ March 17, 2001: Message edited by: beakerman64 ]

Re: sweep reverse out?

Did you recently put a solid state switch on your sweep motor? If so and you did not change the wiring for the sweep reverse function that is your problem. Most of the after market switches provide a wiring diagram to assist you through the procedure.

Comment

From experience, the only ss switches that i know of that have problems with SWR are the ones from creative systems. There is some re-wiring that needs to be done to get it to work. If this is what you have, your SWP motor should hum trying to get back to home from 270.

But im just a "B"

Bannanas

Comment

I have had the same problem! After four months I discovered it was the sweep motor plug! I'm still looking for the logic behind this(sweep working ok in forward drive but not in reverse, this drives me in reverse).
        I just recommend you to change the plug and see what happens.

Good luck

Martin
        So it goes.

Comment

Are you talking about all sweep reverse functions, including manually succh as after OOR, or just gutterball sweep reverse with scoring?
          Does the motor hum and pop the klixon?

Comment

WITH NO 7 OR 10 PIN SWEEP REVERSE FUNCTION SOUNDS LIKE A PROBLEM WITH SCORING. THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT SENDS A SWEEP REVERSE SIGNAL WITH A 7 OR 10 PIN PICK OFF. CHECK YOUR ARRAYS ON OLDER SCORING OR CAMERA ALIGNMENT ON NEWER INSTALATIONS.

[ March 16, 2001: Message edited by: AMFDOCTOR ]
            AMF DOCTOR
            The doctor makes house calls.
            http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by AMFDOCTOR:
              WITH NO 7 OR 10 PIN SWEEP REVERSE FUNCTION SOUNDS LIKE A PROBLEM WITH SCORING. THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT SENDS A SWEEP REVERSE SIGNAL WITH A 7 OR 10 PIN PICK OFF. CHECK YOUR ARRAYS ON OLDER SCORING OR CAMERA ALIGNMENT ON NEWER INSTALATIONS.

[ March 16, 2001: Message edited by: AMFDOCTOR ]
              [/QUOTE]
              AMF DOCTOR
              The doctor makes house calls.
              http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

Check your center terminal on your motor and motor plug.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X