Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respot Solenoid

Sometimes the respot solenoid will activate but not hold so the bun isnt unlocked causing the shuttle not to work and the table only goes half way down and rotate cups only half way, Have tried different chassis, new solenoid. Works fine for days and then starts giving trouble. turn it off overnight and it works fine the next day for awhile... Help!!!!!! [email protected] [img]null[/img]

Re: Respot Solenoid

dougcook, check the latch that drops down on the spot cam. Sometimes that latch gets stiff and doesn't drop all the way down. Also check the linkage that is connected to the spot solenoid and the spring that is on the end of that linkage, It should be easy movement when engaged. Check the table cam swithces for any shorts among the terminals of those microswitches. I believe TA2 might be the culprit. Check out the thread "machine is possessed" in the AMF forum. Hope this helps. Good luck. Knuckles

Comment

The master circuit breaker on the back control panel also has something to do with the solenoid.....mine chattered. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

do you actually mean a "respot solenoid"?? meaning a double solenoid front end?

i think what you are describing is the table motor drifting when it gets hot. The Ta-1 is the cam responsible for stopping the table at 355.

make sure the table stops before the white roller gets under the Table Drive Assy lever.

Comment

As an aside-
          Had one go to hell recently. Noticed that the tiny nut&bolt that connects the solenoid with the link was gone. It was nowhere to be found. I used the "duct tape" idea from mounting new bolts to the curtain holders to hold the new tiny nut in my wrench to start it on the new tiny bolt.

I am a retard, so I don't know, but maybe, maybe, there is something binding in the table operation, drawing more juice to it's operation, depriving the solenoid of enough juice to connect and pull the hook up. Bad bearing or adjustment somewhere?
          Maybe your points in the chassis are not making good contact, costing juice to the whole table operation, and surfacing in bad solenoid draws.
          Maybe I'm barking up the wrong trees. Worth a gander, if I were you anyhow.

Best O' luck! It will be something simple that embarrasses the hell out of you, I'm sure. Always works that way for me.

Comment

If you have Solid State chassis that have been converted to a single board chassis sometimes the Latch Assy 070-006-455 gets stuck behind the Spotting Arm Link 070-006-481. The cure for this is p/n 610-704-127. This override protection attaches to the spotting arm link so the latch does not get stuck behind it. This information is located in the parts book page 17.

Good Luck

Terry

Comment

If you are getting half spots,Where the pins shuttle and the the cups turn slightly but the table does not go to the deck, It sounds like the solenoid is working but the table drive is not unlatching. I would check the condition of the solenoid links and spring assy., and the clevis eye bearings. If there is a slight bind then the timing for the latch unlocking the table drive is critical.

Comment

Thanks everyone, after adjusting the table stop position the problem seems to have disappeared.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse