Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep&Table Cams

Can someone please explain the following:
    What are TA1,TA2,TB,-Sa,Sb,Sc.And also witch ones are used in conjuntion with each other..
    on the AMF 82/70 Pinspotter?
    I thought this would be an interesting Question.lol
    I will be interested in reading the posting!

Thank you all for your time:-)

Re: Sweep&Table Cams

Tom, you are asking alot of information but I will start the ball rolling and coors and Ken and the rest of the guys can jump in. Cam switches tb and sc are your interlock switches. They are connected in parallel to ground.Anytime the table or sweep are in what is called an interference zone the corresponding swith will open. If both switches are open neither sweep or table relay will energise. The reason for tb and sc is so the table and sweep don,t make physical contact with each other. When both switches are open and no ground is supplied to the circuit you have what is called an interlock. Good luck, hope this helps. I'm sure others will follow up on the rest of your question.

Comment

thx for the intro GPS

im good at reversing terms...so first off...when the cam "finger" gets pushed out...i call open....and when the cam lever is pulled in i call it closed

the SA cam is used to stop the sweep at 270(second guard) when the cam is opened and stop the sweep at zero when it closes

SB is used to stop the sweep at 66(first guard) when it opens and initialize table run for the spotting of the pins when it closes

TA1 when it opens...is used to initiatize sweep run up to zero when using 6700 chassis...TA1 is used to stop the table at 355 when it closes...

TA2 is used to initialize sweep run through when it opens...& initializes sweep up with MP and all other chassis....TA2 is also responsible for changing ball lights/logic in conjunction with SA when TA2 closes

& SC & TB are the interlock cams

Comment

so in order of use...excluding interlock
        1st Ball...
        sweep drops until SB opens....
        table runs to pick up pins...
        when TA2 opens sweep runs through...
        sweep runs through until SA opens...
        table puts pins back down...
        TA2/TA1 opens which runs the sweep up...
        sweep stops at zero when SA closes...
        Machine changes balls when SA closes....
        table stops at 355 when TA1 closes

now i know several will dispute when the ball logic changes...as every chassis has its own time to switch...SS's switch as described...MP's change is controlled by the MP board and i think just the initialization of sweep run through on first and second ball causes the lights to change)...MP's with Creative Technology boards also switch as described above....and 82-90's switch when the sweep reaches second guard position(opening of SA)

GPS..the 8270 B's i worked on changed balls at "sweep up"(second opening of TA2)...do yours do the same?

[This message has been edited by Coors (edited 02-29-2000).]

Comment

Thank you GPS & COORS

For your time

Tom

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X