Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only guy with hardware problems?

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only guy with hardware problems?

Seems that lately(past year) all the problems in my center are due to hareware(nuts/bolts) failure. Is the quality these days that bad? I'm replacing bolts that I just installed a year ago or less. I understand that cushions and bounce plate supports take quite a beating but wow this is getting old fast.
    Anyone else having this problem?

Re: Am I the only guy with hardware problems?

Fix it
    Are you using a high grade bolt or a low grade. And what kind of locknut it can also play a big part in bolts failing.

CHUCK.
    CHUCK MCDOWELL

Comment

hello all,

Most of the bolts on the AMF pinsetter are
      grade 5.

I switched to grade 8. No more breakage in
      key areas anymore. Would like to go to a
      higher grade if it is made.

Recommend the change.

Doc

Comment

It's all grade 8 except for the cushion to weldment bolts. Which are unknown Vantage. Super Chuck Explain the the lock nut and bolt failure thing.

Comment

fix it
          I just ment that using a locknut such as a nylock say on your bounce board brackets tend to come loose alot faster than the flexlocks you may buy from a distributor and if the nut is loose the bolt will have undo presure on it causing it to break sooner.

Thanks Chuck
          CHUCK MCDOWELL

Comment

Always use stover lock nuts from AMF, ,nylock will not handle the vibrations of bowling. Nylock means plastic and when a little oil gets in them they will work loose. ALWAYS USE STOVER NUTS!!!

Comment

You can get stover locknuts from Grainger under the name of "prevailing torque". All the (coarse thread) grade 8 bolts you could ask for are there too.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X