Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either the stop blade caught the ring and got stuck, or you couldn't find a good blade adjustment so the roller could pass thru the blade.

Anyone else have that problem? Since I took them off they are fine. I use 5" pulleys on the gearbox.

I did struggle at first getting them to work perfectly, I have noticed that with the blades as low as I can get them and still clear that ring, the roller just touches the bottom blade as it passes under, but hasn't really caused any issue. In saying that it has caused the edge of the rollers to wear down slightly..

Still though, if you've taken them off and they run great then wonderful, if you have great pin spacing then the nylon ring isn't really needed anyway.
    Last edited by Pin_Head; 03-29-2014, 06:26 PM.
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Of the 2 we installed I noticed this too, the roller barely clears the stop blade and on one of them it was tricky getting it set right. I just chalked that up to an old distributor but if the collar was a little thinner or the bottom stop blade was a tad shorter or had a notch in it the roller could pass more easily imo.

Comment

I ground down the stop blade where it is common to touch the pinion. It let me set the blade lower, still clearing the pinion teeth, and giving the roller more room to pass thru the blades. And the nylon ring removed.

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
          Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either the stop blade caught the ring and got stuck, or you couldn't find a good blade adjustment so the roller could pass thru the blade.

Anyone else have that problem? Since I took them off they are fine. I use 5" pulleys on the gearbox.
          Let me know, and I will leave them off of yours. -Mike @ Stahls

Comment

^Can you do that with the next batch I order?

Comment

Wish you would just weld the pinion to the plate?
              If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

I have one roller clutch and I have white dust all over from the blade rubbing on the ring. The blades are as far away as I can get them and get it to work. I also second the welding, everyone I have I JB weld anyway.
                Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

I have removed all of the rings on my clutch plates, and its never been a problem. With 5" pulleys on the BE motor the spacing is just fine so as not to bring the ring into play.
                  AMF DOCTOR
                  The doctor makes house calls.
                  http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

I just installed 1 and had the problem of the stop blade rubbing. Heard this squeal kind of noise thought what the heck I added another washer on the shaft where the pinion pushes up against to bring clutch farther out and works fine now.

Comment

I have been running super clutches with homeade rollers. I just used the steel cam followers because they don't wear like plastic and I cut and re welded all my stop blades to make perfect clearence. They work fantastic.

Comment

Ummm......

http://www.amcbowlingproducts.com/st...04006-RC_.html

envirorollerclutch.png

Last edited by Tablejam; 08-30-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

That's impressive..... I think the enviro type material will be far superior to the nylon roller... Awesome clutch btw, I'd NEVER bag out the roller clutch I'm a huge fan. Just found 12 months on starting to have a few sticking issues as the rollers wear. So far excellent results with the cam follower, just had to tinker to learn the best set up for them....
                          AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Wouldn't mind trying that.
                            And, HOLY COW, did you see the price of lower D-bore shafts on that site!?
                            9th Amendment!

Comment

Originally posted by smurtland View Post
                              I have one roller clutch and I have white dust all over from the blade rubbing on the ring. The blades are as far away as I can get them and get it to work. I also second the welding, everyone I have I JB weld anyway.
                              I am removing all the white rings - they do not clearance the stop blade often enough.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Preventative Maintenance - Vector HD Problem

Tried to help a friend out at my old center with an electrical problem. 24 Brunswick Jetbacks, Serial 3000, no TDM with Vector HD Scoring which I know nothing about other than...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...
                              Working...
                              X