Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single solenoid conversion?

i'm a brunswick mechanic that has been ask to help fix up an amf center our company owns. no biggie. one of the machines has been acting up since i've been there, when the table is raising on the spot the cups "snap" to their horizontal position.of cours it does it while the table is at the height of the top of the pin, so pins fall over. i notice that the solenoid on the 7 pin side(sorry i don't know what it's called) is engaging causeing the hook to come off the cam follower for the cups. i was asked to install the single sloenoid conversion( to eliminate the solenoid) everything was ok but the spacer that goes through the top where the 71/2 inch bolt goes through. well the spacer was too short. obviously it was for a factory "single solenoid" machine. to get to my point is there another part # for this spacer or is there something that i was suppose to do that i missed? thanks guys....shamefowjze
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Re: single solenoid conversion?

Can't quite picture what you're talking about but in the mean time loosen the yoke shaft springs a little & that might get you by till you can fix the rest of the problem.

There's 3 of them. 2 on the 7-8-9-10 yoke shaft & 1 on the 4-5-6 shaft. Loosen them just a couple of degrees each & test. Keep doing that till the cups don't snap back any more. Good luck.

Comment

are you referring to the bolt which runs through the top of the spot/respot levers(070-006-496) if your referring to that...you didnt miss anything, just shim it with washers so they are neatly centered over the cams

Comment

ill assume the 82-70's your workin on have SS chassis. i dont know why....but the "respot solenoid" always engages on a spotting cycle after the table reaches 180ish (when TA1 opens) one of those gliches

at least you now no longer have to worry about it...lol

Comment

Hey guys, as coors mentioned the respot solonoid does energize when the table reaches 260 degree travel on my machines (82/70 B). I believe that this leads to premature failure of the solonoid itself and also excessive wear on the hook and little "pitchfork" link. I am guessing but I think that the conversion that was done was from a double solonid system to a FACTORY system. The original respot lever is about 1 1/4 inches wide at the top. where the grease fitting is) On a machine manufactured with only the spot solonoid, the respot lever is about 2 inches wide at the top. If you reinstall the original lever you end up with some extra space that will require shimming. Hope I am making myself clear enough. Good luck guys.

Comment

sounds like a spotting cup might be catching on the frame on the way back up, look for scrape marks on the frame.

Comment

reguerdless of the prob...shame has taken care of it and is asking a cosmetic question...if i interpreted correctly

Comment

where to start....i made the first post the day i worked on the machine with the "cup" problem. i went to the center a week later and it was still doing it, which i expected. one week went by and they said that they looked at everything and couldn't figure it out. so i started looking through the machine while they were using it for league. i started all over at square one, looked at the links, looked at the cams, the spotting rod, ect. until i cam across a nice patch of metal dust on the table, could this be the problem? so i took a little grease off of the respot cam on the front of the macjine and put it on the link and bearing assembly (070-002-727) problem gone. and while i was at it i looked at the cam follower bearing (070-002-816) rust powder coming out of the side and it wasn't rolling smooth, so i replaced it. problem is gone and i told them that grease helps protect metal against wear and i felt like the teacher in the charlie brown cartoons....lol. i never told them what i did, i'll let them guess. that's why i make the big bucks...LOL!
                Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                Cloth: ShamWow!
                Machine: Johnny 5
                Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse