Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Technology

Got some stuff in the mail today from a company called Creative Technology, they are in AZ. It appears they sell mostly AMF electronics.
    Let me know if you know anything about this company. Just curious about them. Trying to learn more about AMF suppliers.

Thanks gang.

Mike
    Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc..

Re: Creative Technology

CT has been the actual manufacturer of MP chassis boards since the 9850 (possibly earlier, I'm not sure). You should also call them w/ chassis related questions before AMF.
    BTW, their Ultra98 (AMF Superstar) chassis is well worth the the money. I've got a few and I love them.

Comment

Creative Technology is absolutely awesome!!!
      their products give all the cool options...and if im not mistaken...they came out with them first. Options such as automatic sweep reverse on an out of range, not feeling for pins on 9 8 & 7 pin no tap(all MP chassis/boards offer shorten strike/gutter cycle) all Kinds of LED's on chassis & Circuit boards to help troubleshoot, Continuous full rack mode, a Three ball game,........i know they offer more neat stuff but you get the picture.....lol

IMO Omega-tek is the king of SS pinspotters and CT is the King of MP pinspotters.

Comment

You guys are great. Thanks very much for the input.

Mike
        Mike Wilson
        Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

Mike,
          Beware of their unproven stuff. We have power supplies for our Vantage ball returns (Their version of the AMF C-90) that are made by CT. We dealt directly with CT to try to help them make their product better.
          While they were still under warranty things were fine. Good service & everything. We were in the middle of working with them to improve the power supplies when the warranty ran out & suddenly we were treated like the plague. CT knew the power supplies weren't right. Almost every suggestion we made was incorporated into each new generation & as of a year ago, they're still making changes.
          We stopped doing business with them. We are just finishing the up grades to the power supplies that CT wouldn't do and haven't had one fail since we started doing the repairs ourselves.
          Dutch

[This message has been edited by dutch (edited 07-05-2000).]

Comment

Creative Technologies puts out a decent chassis for the 8230's. But I agree with Dutch on staying away from their unproven technologies. My past experience was that they couldn't take creative criticism on improving their product. It's like you slapped their kid or something. So I wont deal with them anymore.

Their Biggest problems back then was that their product was very prone to any type of heavy spike, which happens on 8230’s more than on 70s. Not too many 30 houses can afford an $800 whack every time something surges. I tried explaining to CT that most 30 houses I‘ve worked at are over 40 years old and on a limited budget.

Tech

Comment

I'm pulling my CT boards out of some of my chassis somebody want to buy them? Going to OMni.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...
              Working...
              X