Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No strike reset for "NO TAPS"

I have one lane that will not reset when a natural strike or a 9 pin NO TAP strike is thrown if the lane is set up for NO TAPS. The bowler has to push the reset button on the ball return to get a new set of pins everytime. When the machine is set up for regular bowling, it works fine. I have changed the AP board in the mechanics rear console box. I have AMF 8270's

[This message has been edited by talon1189 (edited 08-08-2000).]

Re: No strike reset for "NO TAPS"

Talon....do ya have SS chassis...SS's with expander boards...or MP's? also what scoring qubica or AMF...

Simply sounds like a com problem...also could be the time delay for scoring is too long. If the pinsetter chassis doesnt get a signal from the scorer about a strike, gutter, or special cycle before chassis time delay is up...machine will go through its default cycle.

are you saying the machine wont go into a strike cycle during no-tap? even when a real strike is thrown??

[This message has been edited by Coors (edited 08-08-2000).]

Comment

I have solid state chassis with Omega-tec boards. No expander board. Scoring is AS-90's. The scorer shows a strike in NO TAP, or if a strike is thrown naturally. The problem is that the machine has to be reset by the bowler everytime either one is bowled when the machine is setup for NO TAP bowling. I am clueless!

Comment

Well this is certainly a new one...i didnt know brunswick scorers could interface with AMF machines.

but if all other lanes cycle on their own i guess they can

Not getting a REAL strike cycle during NO-TAP is certainly a puzzler.

Im not familiar with bruns scorers...but just for kicks try swapping anything scorer related with the next pair...see if you can get the problem to move to the another lane.

the cycling of the machine is done by paralleling the tenth frame switch...just like with ball detects. do your machines cycle by themselves in the tenth frame? does this particular lane cycle in the tenth frame also? Try swapping the Omega-Tek board

Comment

If your are getting no REAL strike cycle during NO-TAP. Meaning A real srike is thrown...
          sweep drops
          table feels for pins
          sweep runs through
          table respots a "ghost pin"
          and sweep table return to zero.
          ...and ONLY during NO-TAP

if my interpretation of that is correct

i would say the cycle wire from the scorer to the machine is installed in the wrong place. and the cycle wire being activated is being interpreted as a ground in the respots...

if you have an analyser board (from Omega-Tek with all the LED's on it) stick it in that lane and see what the machine thinks its doing...LOL

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Coors:
            If your are getting no REAL strike cycle during NO-TAP. Meaning A real srike is thrown...
            sweep drops
            table feels for pins
            sweep runs through
            table respots a "ghost pin"
            and sweep table return to zero.
            ...and ONLY during NO-TAP

if my interpretation of that is correct

i would say the cycle wire from the scorer to the machine is installed in the wrong place. and the cycle wire being activated is being interpreted as a ground in the respots...

if you have an analyser board (from Omega-Tek with all the LED's on it) stick it in that lane and see what the machine thinks its doing...LOL
            [/QUOTE]

I don't have an analyser board. I could switch the Omega-Tek board....although I don't think it has anything to do with it. Yes all my other machines reset automatically after a NO TAP strike is thrown. They also reset themselves in the 10th frame after the game ends. Remember......a strike is shown on the scorer when one is thrown on this lane. It just has to be reset by hand after.

Comment

Like Coors said... Swap scorer parts out with another machine. I'd also try moving the entire chassis rather than just the Omega-Tek board. It does sound more like a scorer problem though.
              Dutch

Comment

sorry i couldnt be of more help...

if there are connections for odd/even lanes at the camera/scanner. or you can see an extra cable running into the wireways of the machines....try swapping them...see if you can ge the problem to move lanes

Comment

Are you getting the pulse from the CCD processer?... Your LED on the A/P board should light when a No-tap is thrown.

If so, problem is in wiring from t1 or t2 to the machine's reset switch, I'd be suspicious of this cable, since it seems to be interfering with the normal chassis operation on strike cycle ... What happens if you put the scorer in no-tap and disconnect the cable from J-1, do you get your normal strike cycle on a real strike? If so, the cable from t1-t2 to the machine is probably F/U or connected wrong somewhere.

if not, either CCD processer, wiring from it to A/P board, or A/P board itself ... did you put the "replacement" A/P board in another lane to be sure it works??

I'd also look at whether the cable from the CCD processer to the machine is the same as another odd lane, and the cable from the A/P board to the machine's reset button also.

Hope something here helps, don't know a lot about 70's, so I can only go by what the book says should be happening.

Kevin

Comment

Was searching for a wiring diagram and read this topic for the first time. I have an even more interesting problem. On a few of our machines, after they have run no-tap games the scorer is off and cleared for the night. You can go in the next day and turn the machine on in instructomat and it will be in no-tap mode. We have to turn on the lane into no-tap on the scoring and then turn off the no-tap thru the front desk. After that, you turn the scoring back off and with the manager switch on it works normally again.
                    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse