Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage Mini-PBL

I see where vantage has their mini pbls on sale right now. Thinking about either gettin those or maybe humpbacks to replace my kickers. The mini's are a lot cheaper but are they worth it? Im scared of the name vantage on them. Anybody have them(vntage mini's)or should i just pay the extra and get the humpies? Right now i feel anything would be better than fightin with these &*&*&*&%$# kickers. Any info would be appreciated.
    Phill

Re: Vantage Mini-PBL

Phill,

Forget pbl even though they work well. Humpbacks are king...We average maybe 2 calls per week with 16 busy lanes and enough oil for the cartel. Less moving parts, sturdier ball door rings. Simpler installation. There will be people give you differing opinions however humpys will be your best move.

king

Comment

we simply bought used pbl's for $300 a pair. and we also got a ball lift with each pair.

great deal in my opinion

Comment

I'm with 82/70 King on this. I've got Humpbacks. I'm slowly converting everything to humpbacks. Humps + Rocket rails = NO ball calls. They just work.

Comment

We got rid of kickers 3 seasons ago and put in AMF's PBL. We have 24 busy lanes. Once we got the original settings fine tuned, I bet you could count on 2 hands the number of calls we have had in 3 years. Never seen a humpy in action but do know that our PBL's work AWESOME for us!!

BB

Comment

Just wonderin if I go with pbl's-
            1. How hard to install
            2. Do you use your original ball lift belt ass.
            3.How many moving parts and how much maint. required on them
            Im kinda leaning toward buying pbls because of price over the humpy's,but not for sure yet. Just as long as it takes care of ball calls and on goin maint. to keep them workin is all I want.
            Thanks-Phill

Comment

Phil, If you put PBL's in you have to modify the ball lift assembly. The hardware should come with the PBL kit. I know amf PBL's you have to modify the ball lift. I don't know about the Vantage PBL kit,but I think does because it works on the same the principle's as amf. Takes about 3 hours to rip out the old and put in the new. Thats after the first one or two or three. Good luck. Knuckles [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Phil,

To do a mini pbl:
                1. Rip out ball lift.
                2. Install new lower bracket.
                3. Install Ratchet drive idler.
                4. Take all fill assys out.
                5. Install door rings and lift arm assy.
                6. Drill side plate and install ratchet drive assy.
                7. Reinstall ball lift and adjust lift arm to 1/8 above door rings.

I cannot believe you can do all of this in 3 or 4 hours. A humpy install is about 5 with ball lift mods. No side plate drilling or shimming with the humpy!

Jerry

Comment

camel humpties...wish i had a pair, looks like the cats meow...felix... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Runnin PBL's 22years now and looks good to go for another 10years.
                  Just curious about the rocket rails though, do you still need them with the humpties? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                  If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Well man. I like PBL's but I like kickers more. I know, "dumb punk kid has it all backwards." Kickers are fun. Ours are dandy. A few months ago I changed one in 8 minutes flat. That was the last time I had to screw with one.
                    If yer messing with them more than that, it might be other problems, which will just reappear with time no matter what system you get. Either that or keep adding springs!!
                    If you insist on changing over, Humpy is the best for performance and longevity. What is it, 10 year warranty? Can't beat that!

Comment

I have had to install the oversize life rod cover from Stahl's with the humpys. Otherwise I got the spins. This is even with the pressure kit installed. Havent tried the rocket rails.

Jerry

Comment

Coors,
                        Hum,used ones,I never thought of that.Anybody got 6 used pbls layin around or know where I can get some?

Phill

Comment

we got ours from bowlers supply in york, PA. Im sure they got plenty more

Comment

Phil, I'm good friends with the owner of bowlers supply in york. He also owns a few centers in york as do I. Right now they have three used pbl's. He's always gettin used stuff in though. If you want, I can have him tell me when he's got more comming in. I have bought plenty of used parts from them, and never had any trouble with them.
                            Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Rocket Rails are WELL worth their money. And they may seem expensive but install them and walk away. In two years, I haven't had a ball call on those lanes with the rails. Otherwise, spins are inevitable.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X