Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-30 respots

does anybody know how to stop the respots on the 30's getting caught on the pin cup when I adjust the cup back. Some previous techs used to cut a part of the cup out, but the problem with this is it weakens the cup and it cracks.

Re: 82-30 respots

For the lower R/C tracks to be hitting the cup, the adjustment is past its extreme. I would first check the table level at the #4&6 cell tracks (upper) and adjust the table con-rod to bring to level. Also, check for any play in the table idler gear bushing. The only time I had that particular problem is when these two adjustments were out and/or the table was lowered too much. Lowering the table throws the geometry off so the pins spot too much forward, causing you to adjust the cup far rearward to compensate for the spotting. Hope this helps you out!!
    I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by auntymary:
      does anybody know how to stop the respots on the 30's getting caught on the pin cup when I adjust the cup back. Some previous techs used to cut a part of the cup out, but the problem with this is it weakens the cup and it cracks.[/QUOTE]It is possible for the resot cell to get caught on the cup if the cell is not seated properly on it's "keyway" . It's might be a quick solution for you to make sure they are seated properly, tighten the cup, then spot the pin. If that dosen't work, I'd have to go with Andy with the leveling and positioning of the table.

Comment

I would start with making shure you have the right upper tracks in the right spots! The tracks are LH and RH. Cutting the back of the cups out seems like a lot more work then rebuilding the gear train! I know the smiles legend dosnt make any sence, just thought it looked cool!
        Ed

------------------
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

OOP'S! I meant lower tracks!
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse