Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep height adjustment

How do I adjust the height of the sweep off the deck? I have one lane that the sweep comes down, smacks the gutter, slides on the flat gutter all the way. 82-70 sweeps with the two rails in the center. The rails just slightly touch the deck. The ends of the sweep (metal) have actually worn away about a 1/4 of an inch where it slides on the flat gutter. (wow, wonder how long it has been this way?) The gutters are at a legal height (or should be, ABC people just sanctioned the lanes for the season a month ago). Thank you for your help...

Re: Sweep height adjustment

To adjust the height at guard position....grab a 15/16,5/8,11/16, and a pair of channel locks.

Drop the sweep to guard and craw in the pit. Above the 5pin line on each sideyou'll see a shock lookin thing (telescoping link)which is connected to a sweep arm on one end and whaty looks like a smoking pipe turned sideways on the other. disconnect the link at the pipe deal. loosen the lock nut and rotate th4e pipe deal out until the sweep is at your desired height. lock doen and tighten things back up.

then to adjust the sweep height at the 5 pin line...run/crank sweep to the 5 pin line...now the deal that has the pipe deal screwed into it determines this height. loosen the two bolts which hold it to the frame of the machinetrust me...when you lower the bracket.....the sweep height at the 5pin line will rise.

Comment

Sounds to me like its an Sweep Cam problem. If the sweep is hitting the deck/gutters on its way to 66° then you need to adj your SA cam. Do this with the sweep at home. I forgot the wrench size but u do need a flathead screwdriver, the wrench, and a pair of good channel locks. Give your SA cam a slight turn away from you. This will bring your sweep up on its way to 66°, down is do lower the sweep's stopping point. This ADJ is good if your SB is adj as well. Remember these are Hair adjustments and should be made taking your time and not rushing through

deadwood

[This message has been edited by Mike Wilson (edited 10-02-2000).]

Comment

Coors:

Let us not forget to mention a possibly worn rubber (or urethane) bumper on the stabilizing link. If this link is deteriorated, smashed, or otherwise FUBAR'd, you will get extra slop and hang.
        If you can't move down that bracket (where the "crack pipe" connects to) dismantle the telescoping link assy and add 2-3 washers behind the urethane bumper. This will give you extra height on both the 4-5-6 line as well as 66/270 degrees. So, with that, you might need to re-adjust your "crack pipe" further in since the washers were added...also doing it this way will help keep that crack pipe strong...less threads showing the better.
        Are you using one piece boards or the original style pain in the ass metal assemblies?

Kat
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by deadwood:
          Remember these are adjustments[/QUOTE]

Red or Gold?

Comment

Thany you Coors, that was the info I needed, just got done. Runs like new.

Also thanks to Kat, as was going to ask what to do if bracket was all the way done as mine are now.

Deadwood, try to watch the language as my female owner saw your reply and was offended - no sense of humor. see ya...

Comment

smalltownguy...if she saw deadwoods remark...she's bound to see yours...how long do you think you'll have a job.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Good point, except for the fact that she can't use a computer...I had printed out a copy of the adjustments and she came back to see what I was doing and she read the copy. I'll have a job as long as you guys keep bailing me out on things I don't know. Thanks all...see ya...

Comment

Hey Dutch, just started a new test. First two questions: SB cam switch stops the sweep at 66 degrees T or F. SA cam switch stops the sweep at 270 degrees T or F. Good info coors, hit the nail on the head. Good luck guys.

Comment

Could be a little tough for some.
                    Dutch

[This message has been edited by dutch (edited 09-28-2000).]

Comment

Deadwood,

FYI,

Although the cams and switches are electro-mechanical in nature, they only control the electrical portion of the sweep travel...(when to stop and go.) If any thing is hitting anywhere it has to be a mechanical adjustment.

Tech

Comment

Tech: I disagree! Being an Electrical or Mechanical is not the point. Originally posted he said that the sweep was crashing down and hitting the gutter on its way down. That is a SA Cam problem. If the sweep is riding the pindeck on its way to 180° then it is in the sweep linkages. I just simply answered the first part of his question.

deadwood

Comment

If something is hitting, it is mechanical in nature with the exception of timing.

You can disagree all you want, just telling it like it is...from 33 years as a pinspotter mechanic...26 years in the business...and you are who?

Figure out that one…

Maybe you should ask your “A” trainer. (No offense “A” guy… you got your hands full)

Tech

Comment

Deadwood:

Clarification on cams:

SA: Stops sweep at 270 & again at 0 (not 66).
                            SB: Stops sweep at 66 & also fires S relay which powers S Solenoid, Manager Counter, and T Contactor.
                            SC: Obvious Interlock Cam.

TA: Runs table UP (not down!) from 355.
                            TA2: Works with sweep for table height from pindeck. When to sweep deadwood (LOL!) and raise from protecting table.
                            TB: Obvious Interlock.

Any questions?

Remember this...you never know when your "A" might drill you on this, or expect you to know it.

Kat
                            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Hey Kat, good explanation on the function of the cam switches. I had to fire a guy a year ago cause he did things the "deadwood" method. Spent a lot time trying to figure out what he had done and undoing it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse