Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dist. Belts, What are you using?

When it comes to distributor belts, what are you guys using or which ones do you like the best. At my center, I have alot of different kinds running. I just took over the center, to I have no idea what kind these are or where they came from, except for a few that I put on. I have some of the white ones, I heard that's what the original was. I have some that are a pinky tan color, and some that are kinda yellow lookin. I put a few of the black rough top ones on from AMF. They all seem to work pretty good, but I was just curious as to what other people are using. Also is it possible to still get the white ones. Another mechanic I talked to said he really liked those.
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Re: Dist. Belts, What are you using?

I run the rough tops from Stahls 70,s...they are great

Comment

hey guys

at both centres i have worked at we've mainly used the AMF rough topped black ones... at my old centre where they had a big problem with oil carrydown (it used to reek havoc with their kickers) the dissy belts seemed fine, the only ones that were a real problem were the greenish-khaki looking ones!! At my current centre, all 24 lanes have the black AMF ones and they are great!!

Catchya round!!

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by 8270 pinspotter:
        When it comes to distributor belts, what are you guys using or which ones do you like the best. At my center, I have alot of different kinds running. I just took over the center, to I have no idea what kind these are or where they came from, except for a few that I put on. I have some of the white ones, I heard that's what the original was. I have some that are a pinky tan color, and some that are kinda yellow lookin. I put a few of the black rough top ones on from AMF. They all seem to work pretty good, but I was just curious as to what other people are using. Also is it possible to still get the white ones. Another mechanic I talked to said he really liked those. [/QUOTE]

Just a Note
        yes you can still get the white distributor
        belt AMF is the only one that has it.
        as for the rough top distributor belt i have
        only had problems out of them, First of all the stick up so hi that the pin rolls rite off the distributor.
        and then at times they will get jamed on the belt Guard on the front of the distributor

Comment

Tim,
          Do you know what AMF calls the white belt? In the parts book, there are a couple different names. Or, do you know the part number?

Comment

TIM: Were running the black belts from AMF on all 32 machines. Never had any problems with them. I cannot see how they ride so high on your distribs... Are you sure that you are cutting the belts the right length? For the black belts the measurement is 117 1/4 in. The book says 116 +/- 1/4 but that was for the white belts. The only thing that I can see wrong with the belts are that they fray real easily when they dont track properly. IE: when they ride up against the belt tension roller. Also, never had any slipping nor D-J's due to the belts.

deadwood

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by 8270 pinspotter:
              Tim,
              Do you know what AMF calls the white belt? In the parts book, there are a couple different names. Or, do you know the part number?
              [/QUOTE]

Part Number is 610-709-812 and they call it
              niterile. its on page 108 in the new AMF book

Comment

We’ve used most of them & we prefer the black, AMF rough top belt. They grip the pin but not too much. You just have to remember to shave the end row of "nubs" off before crimping the laces on or the laces can slip out.
                I (gulp) agree completely with everything that Deadwood said about them.
                If the opening in the belt guard is too narrow, just bend it down a little to accommodate the thicker belt.
                Dutch

Comment

hey deadwood
                  I am aware of the measurements that the Distributor belts are to be cut at.
                  and i am glad that an AMF student is payiny attention. lol.
                  any way as for the rough top belts,its not that they are cut at the wrong length.!!the problem is the thickness of the rough top belts. i have seen the pin come out of the distributor pan and role right over the side rail. but as we are all aware that all of the amf mechines are not the same.

Comment

Tim:

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are having problems with the black belt causing pins to fall off the turn pan, it might be related to your pin guide (aka kidney). I use the ruff-tops here on all 32 machines, and yes I did have a couple that used to love to spit out pins...PING! off the suicide bar. Turns out I found alot of the pin guides were set too low. If it weren't for the black belts, I doubt I would have found it.
                    Just for curiosity's sake, the machines that are spittin' out pins, adjust the Pin guides up a vagina hair (being politically correct, Mike! ) until the kidney flexes a little under load. This results in the pinwheel ejecting the pin further onto the distributor instead of allowing it to roll quickly onto (and then off) the turn pan.

Kat
                    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Another possibility for that is an orientor pan that’s too close to the P.W. Do the pinky test, you should be able to get your little finger, at the 1st knuckle, between the orientor pan & the P.W. All of ours are set this way & we rarely have a problem.
                      Dutch

Comment

I only have two of the black belts and they work ok, but I like the white ones better. It seems like I'm in the minority still having a bunch of white belts chuggin along. Since I found out that they are still available I will probably order a couple more. Does anyone know if they are still as good as they used to be?

Comment

It seems to me that that particular GENIUNE AMF PART is better suited for an A2. I know that we have donated the last of ours to many BRC centers to be used as kicker strips. Heh go figure!

deadwood

Comment

The wonderful dist belts.

I have used everyone that is on the market.
                            They all suck in different ways.

I went to a local belt supplier. looked at what they had. Found a belt that is raised 1/4 inch in a diamond pattern. The only problem was this belt was 24 inches wide.

I found out the UPS uses this belt to move packages around the distribution center.

I had 3 belts made custom for trial. 118 inches plus or minus 1/4 inch.

The testing was by no means boring!!!! All the distributor adjustments had to be re-adjusted. After the adjustments the belt preformed perfectly.

Orientation has faster, zero pin sliding (rolling off the turn-pan) and no stalling at the index arm.

The only draw back was when there was a jam, the belt piled the pins on top of the bin.

That was all 11 years ago. Today I run only 1 of the diamond top belts. I lost the supplier. Still looking for a supplier to get some more of those belts made.

Currently, We are using the knubby top and rough top black belts from Stahl. We recieved 3 blue rough top that we are currently testing.

my 2 cents

DOC

Comment

I've found that the yellow belts gum up and become sticky and leave a residue on the pins after they have been on for a year or two. I now use the rough top black belts from amf and have had no problems with them. As for the white ones,I had to clean them frequently or they became very slippery due to the amount of oil we run on the lane and that has not been a prob. with the black ones.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X