Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 355* truth or fiction

We all know how to adjust a table to stop at 355 by eye-balling the t-drive latch or nylon roller. But is that really anywhere close to mechanical 355? What is considered 0*? If 0* is t/d/c then I'm confused, because if you back up the table 5* the t-drive latch is way over the slot.
    Sweep 66* kind of lays in the back of my head a little too, altho I think them being 4" off the lane at mechanical 66* is due to setter installation.
    I know its trivial. But I like to know how things work, and how they should work, and right now I don't comprehend 355*.

Jonas

Re: 355* truth or fiction

Jonas,

I always adjust the table cams (ta1, ta2) so I can get my finger between the roller and the latch that holds the roller down to allow the eccentric disengage so the table will spot a full rack of pins. It doesn't matter what 355* is as long as the machine runs correctly. I do know that the sweep bar will hit the head pin when it goes back from 66* if the adj is not correct.

king

ps brunswick has 0* t 360* on the gearbox

[This message has been edited by 82/70 king (edited 11-18-2000).]

Comment

When a degree number is mentioned (355,66,270,0) it always refers to theamount of rotation of the respective cam. For instance at 66 degrees the sweep cam should havw rotated 66 degrees and the sweep be in first guard position or there abouts. Always think cam rotation 0 through 360 or 0 again.

Comment

I am refering to degree rotation of the s&t shafts. We Know sweep at tailplank is 180*( sweep shaft, crank arm and links line up). We know sweep is at 0* (short drive link byesects s shaft). But to find 66* I did this, and maybe its wrong? Hand crank the motor through 360* of sweep movement and I get 143 crank turns. Take 143/360=.3972 . So .3972 x 66 = 26.25 hand crank turns to find true mechanical 66*.
        355* on the table is only 2 hand crank turns back from zero degrees but I'm having trouble finding 0*. If you lower the table to the floor to find 180 by lining up the t/shaft and clevis, and then crank the motor 69.5 turns(175*) you still dont get close to where we all set our tables to stop.

Trivial stuff like I said. I don't loose any sleep over it.
        I have westinghouse and g.e. combos.
        I hope I did'nt try this on a machine that had both types on it. In fact I think I did. Lane 1 has a g.e. on the table. I'll have to crank that g.e. motor around once, its probably geared different.

Comment

The fact is that with Brunswick the "degrees" make sense as far as the position of the pinsetter but with AMF pinsetters I think they were on crack! IVE been working with AMF equiptment for over 15 years and still havent completly figured out the "degrees" for an AMF pinsetter.I have read it over and over again, well dam IVE been to school for AMF equiptment and still dont under stand it,. but then again I was a sleep for most of the class! Yes, I still passed it. Ed

------------------
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I still don't think its 355* [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If it's working, it's working.
              If it's not working, it's not working.

Martin

PS

Question for JJ : Hand cranking and counting; we have 50 hz motors, am I tired sooner or later than you?
              So it goes.

Comment

I think the degrees refers to the shaft that connects to the table or sweep gearboxes.....1 rotation is 360*....and that makes the seep go down back and return up.....but i may be wrong

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Lampie:
                  Question for JJ : Hand cranking and counting; we have 50 hz motors, am I tired sooner or later than you?[/QUOTE]

Good question Martin, If you use 1425 rpm motors my guess would be ME since I use 1725 rpm's.

Comment

Jonas,
                    Good answer, you're through to the next round!

Lampabamba
                    So it goes.

Comment

Guys you can move the cams anywhere. All the degree numbers refer to the POSITION of the table or sweep in regards to a cycle. (Guard, runthrough, etc.) And yes, t/d/c/ would refer to mechanical zero. Like an engine you can retard or advance the timing by the position of your cams on the shafts. But also like an engine if the timing is too far off it will not run properly. (interlocks,sweep hitting the head pin, sweep slamming down onto the deck.

Just my opinion

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: Mike Stalker ]
                      Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Adjusting the pinsetter for optimal operation is a given. And all of you are right in defending the practical adjustments of making it run. My only question is, and mike said it well, "all the degree numbers refer to the position of the table or sweep in regards to a cycle". So is the table REALLY supposed to be adjusted 5 degrees before top dead center? If it is, mine are now where near it, and your's are probably off as well.
                        Should it be adjusted to stop at mechanical 355. Maybe. Maybe not. I haven't made up my mind yet. List a few reasons why this adjustment is so critical for you.

Comment

Jimmy Jam; The reason the table stops at 355 degrees is to give the spotting solenoid 5 degrees to either actuate allowing the shuttle time to enable or disable action and the table drive to shift into spotting action.

I think that sounds right

Mike

Comment

Here is a reason to adjust it to 355 degrees. As your pins shuttle into the table, it catches the pins at 360 or top dead center which gives the pins less room to double shuttle. If you adjusted the table to stop at 360 it would be going down when it shuttles and there would be more room between the table and shuttle - hence more double shuttles.

ps. Mike how is sunny AZ.? We have our anvil lane in now....huge scores.

Jerry

Comment

Hi Jerry, Az. is still hot but getting milder.

I'm still hiding indoors though. My pool and hot tub will be finished in a couple weeks. Just another reason for relatives to visit.

Secured a Bruns Team Challenge in April; maybe you'll be tuned up by then.

Take Care
                              Mike

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse