Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Upgrades for 82\70

Can someone give me a list of what good upgrades are available for the 82\70. These machines have had nothing added for 10+ years and I want to start out right and get them upgraded with the best. Any suggestions are very appreciated.
    thanks
    Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Re: Good Upgrades for 82\70

Here are the best and most important upgrades:

1. Omega tek board for ss chassis.

2. Slowdown pulley for pinwheel. $4 from granger. Less dist. jams.

3. Humpback ball belt. Zero ball calls.

4. Solid state relays for motor from Stahl's, Makes centrifugal switches obsolete.

These mods will make 70's approach Brunswick FPS numbers. Unless you compare to Masternut's numbers

King

Comment

Another good conversion that I saw but didn't get the time to fully check out was this.
      The mechanic had ran a turnbuckle to each of the carpet springs and them ran them back to the rear of the pinspotter. The result was the ability to adjust the carpet tracking very precisely. Tracking to far one way, no problem, just correct with a couple of turns of the turnbuckle

Comment

There's also the synthetic (lubless) bushings from <a href="http://www.envirobushings.com." target="_blank"><a href="http://www.envirobushings.com." target="_blank"><a href="http://www.envirobushings.com." target="_blank"><a href="http://www.envirobushings.com." target="_blank"><a href="http://www.envirobushings.com." target="_blank"><a href="http://www.envirobushings.com." target="_blank"><a href="http://www.envirobushings.com." target="_blank"><a href="http://www.envirobushings.com." target="_blank"><a href="http://www.envirobushings.com." target="_blank"><a href="http://www.envirobushings.com." target="_blank">http://www.envirobushings.com.</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a> We've been using a few of them for several years &amp; we've liked them so much that we're going to do the entire machine with them.
        Dutch

Comment

What king and dutch said....

Im not totally sold on humpbaks tho.....PBL's will do the trick

Comment

Can you give me that grainger number king......sure beats 60 some bucks for adj from the big two. Ive got a grainger catalog.....just never opened it up...lol

Comment

Wanna get a good machine with 21st century technology? Get the new MP chassis from AMF or Cheaper through Vantage. The Ultra 98 chassis has auto shutdown after 3 minutes of dead time (Saves your B-E motors), Auto OOR (Saves ya a trip out during Open play), and you can cycle the pinsetter, turn it off and it will complete the cycle and zero itself out so it wont run all night long! Great chassis! Lil wire mod's to do but were gonna go through and put 32 in! Great chassis!

deadwood

Comment

Deadwood,

I am not sold on the BE motor shutting off for 2 reasons.

1. Safety - someone inexperienced could think the machine is not on and try to enter the machine if the motor is not going.
                2. I do not believe if you are utilizing the original switch that is is meant to be turned on and off like a combo switch. I do not let people set pins after lane conditioning as to conserve be motor switch life.

Coors
                Stock # for grainger - 3x914 - cost $4.78
                this pulley is for a smaller size v but it does work fine. I have had some of these pulleys in service for 3+ years I believe the pulley for larger v costs $21.02

Deadwood - welcome back

king

Comment

King:

Regarding the BE motor deal...

The BE motor does not turn on/off many times during a session due to the Creative Chassis. It merely turn on when the first ball is thrown and turns off if they stop bowling for a while. Personally, I feel more is gained than lost. With the conversion to ESS Start Switches, it becomes even less of an issue.

As for the inexperienced guys...they don't exist in my center. Before ANYONE is allowed to work on pinsetters on their own they must have a good understanding of how they work. With the Creative Chassis, if there's lights on the panel, the BE motor can start at any time. This is what I instill in my crew's minds.

But, I could be wrong...

Kat
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

On the p-elev. deal. I've got about 25 used pulleys hanging on the wall. There the 5 inch aluminum A size jobs. Kings right, they do work. I still have 4 on two diff. pairs. Before I started here ten years ago they had been changing over to the cast iron 5 inch jobs, and I have since almost got all the aluminum ones off. I use the BK-52 listed in Grainger. Could be wrong on that #. They also slowed down the carpet &amp; BL with a smaller gearbox pulley. 2&amp;half inch I think. We use the original length pin elev. and carpet drive belts.

If you want, I could go into more detail. I don't want to re-hash old stuff.

Jonas

P.S. The old alum ones have noticeable wear in the V walls.

Comment

Jonas,

I have toyed with the idea of slowing down the pit, to improve front roller life. I did put a smaller pulley on the carpet drive shaft once, but it was on a pair that had humpback and it did not work at all. The belt wasn't going fast enough to lift the ball. Just thought I would share this info. I think I reduced it to 2" pully from 3".

king

I could order a 4" or 5" carpet drive sheave.

Comment

7" or 8" ????

Comment

Jonas,

You are right, I was thinking small.

king

Comment

King,
                            Yeah, what they did here was put the 5" on the pin elev.. Then that caused problems with the belt tension, so they stuck 1/2" nuts under the BE motor to shim it up. But that caused the carpet belt tension to be to great, so they put a 2-1/2" carpet drive pulley on. Maybe they thought that's OK, it will slow down the lift and save on the bearings. Then because the rudder moved so slow, they put the ratchet size pulleys on to speed it up. With the larger rudder pulley they had to change the belt sizes also.
                            This all worked OK until 98 when I got my prototype SUMMIT and test oil. Now I was cranking out the oil and having b/r problems. So I have been speeding up the lifts to the original 3" to help solve yo-yos and undergrounds. Because the carpet belt is so tight due to the nuts under the motor the idler pulleys wont fit. So I have to modify the idlers by extending the arm lengths about 3". I've also went to a larger pulley on some of my troubled sure-piks. If you put the original round belt back on it speeds it up a little. But the round belts I got broke real fast, so I just kept with the V and went to a larger pulley.

This, in part, is why I don't like radical modifications. It usually leads to more mods.. You can kind of see that in the kidney mod., with Peanut experimenting with turn-pan cams. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Keep up the good work. Its people like you that find the answers sometimes overlooked by others.

Jonas

Comment

have been testing a belt tensioner pulley for paul costante in australia.

it has a 1 inch pulley instead of a 2 1/2 inch on the paddle drive, it allows the paddle tension to be increased, but slows the stroke down, it allows you to have stronger paddle tension and allows the light balls enough time to get into the exit before the paddle knocking them out

it definately eliminated my pin in door and light ball problems
                              i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X