Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin damage in 30's

I was asked to look at some AS-80 scoring problems in a sister house that has 82-30's. The first thing I noticed were the pins. They were filthy and scratched up. They have about 3000 lines on them but look like 12,000 lines with all the pin damage. The damage is everywhere on the pins. Someone suggested to carpet the "snow plows" to reduce the damage. Is this a realistic solution or are we looking for something else. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks...Steve
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Re: Pin damage in 30's

JBEES,pin damage If the center is running with toggle pin wheel's chance'e are the toggle assy are shot. This causes most of the pin damage in the very begining. The pin's fall out of the pin wheel at 11:00 (bowlers point)on the even lane and 1:00 on the odd lane and they slam the plow's and the cushion weldment. There are numurous thing's that cause the pin damage though. Weld's on plow's, some mechanic's have replaced the OEM cup bolt's with 5/16 hex head bolt's. This will cause some serious pin damage while feeding pin's. Cracked cup's, bad orintation pan's, burr's at the pin counter,and the obvious gutter's and kickback's.
    As far as the filth goes there probably useing the OEM gate's carpet. The oil attack's the rubber and in return it make's a big mess out of the pin's.
    Just a sugestion, aim the scanner a little lower in to the neck of the pin.

Ed

[This message has been edited by Ed Fox (edited 01-28-2001).]
    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Thanks Ed...will look for these items. As far as aiming lower...there isn't a good spot anywhere left on the pins. I'm trying to round up some decent pins from other houses in the area.I just don't want them tore up as bad as these.

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 01-28-2001).]
      Main Event Entertainment

Comment

We had a lot of same problems you describe with our 30's, best solution was to get 70's.
        I agree on all pin damage items, except dirty pins is probably due more to a leaky table motor that drips onto the table, it is sometimes hard to spot and can make the pins filthy real fast. We are using same carpets in the 70's with no problem of dirty pins.
        Ron

Comment

Gee ron...If getting new machines was an option, I don't think I would have asked the question. But, thanks for the advice on the table motor.

Steve
          Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Our other center has 16 year-old 70,s and started getting "blackened" pins. Turns out the problem was in the carpet belts. If this is an "across-the-house" problem, and your carpets are the gates with that little 1/4" wide black strip at the very edge of the seam, that black transfers easily onto the pins, and more so as the seam starts to open up.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X