Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kicker wheels....

It seems like Vantage's red blaster full contact wheel is in high demand as I 've tried 4 different suppliers & same answer....BACK ORDERED from Vantage !

What's the next best wheel for heavy oil?

out of 16 lanes ,I have 3 that are fussy...all odd numbered lanes....
    I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Re: kicker wheels....

Try the Murry oblong or the vantage red fat boys.Either should work well.

Comment

Here is my two cents worth:

I work at a ten-lane house that has relatively low lineage and we have tried many different kickers. When I started we had one pair of lanes that would need to be tendened to every ball by the end of league. We also had two other pairs of lanes that would also have a lot of ball calls. (Usually at the same time ARG!) When we had tournaments we even hired a kid to “load the cannon” (push balls into the ball door). In my frustration and trying different things every day. I stumbled across something that has really worked for us.

We use the soft gray Vantage wheel - 2. We tried everything changing the spring tension on the kicker, lightened the tension on the spring in the starter assembly, we lowered the starter pad etc etc etc.! Nothing worked for more than one day. Then I just tried this and it has worked for over one and a half years.

I took the bumper that fits onto the filler pad and I “extended it”. I glued a bin bumper to the to the larger filler pad bumper. This along with being sure that the pit is at the right height and angled to the ball door seems to have fixed this major headache. I have not had to change a kicker wheel in almost 7 months. Ball calls due to the ball not being able to enter the ball door because of the kicker wheel have been all but eliminated.

Good luck
      Pat

Comment

Pat,

Your mod does work well. I have done this also. My method involves super glueing the small bin bumper to the kicker housing and the using the original bumper on the rear fill. If you do not use the extra bumper a little super glue on the fill pad bumper keeps it in place. Our exits are narrow and I have to cut the bumper so it does not hit the shaft.

king

Comment

I have another issue! I have been useing the Eastren Bowling yellow/clear kicker with great succsess but..... their out of bussiness! Does anybody know who makes one simular??

Ed

------------------
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Thanks guys..
            This thing came on almost overnight !!

Yellow kickers...a couple of these machines had them on when we bought the 70's in '92.
            They finally quit about a month ago..I have no idea how long they were on before we got them! suckers went at least 9 years ! if you find any...let me know !!

Comment

ditto!Best damn kicker in the world and now their gone. I just got the last 3 from ken-pin in Ill. My bet would be to use the (ugh)vantage red fat boy. Just got one the other day to compare with the old eastern kicker and the shape is almost exactly the same,maybe just a bit wider,havent tried them on a machine yet but still have all the good ones on yet-might be a while before I have to use them-might experiment and put a couple on just to see how well they work. Only diff. is the material thier made of.Any body out there use vantage red blaster kickers and if so how do they hold up? Really hated to see Eastern supply go out of business-had good stuff.

Comment

Sound's like IM going from the kicker assy to the Humpy!!!!

Wish you could of seen my bosses face when I told him the price!!!!!
                Ed

------------------
                Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

the red blaster 'full contact' works pretty well,BUT..if a ball does get stuck,the kicker
                  grinds right down to half it's origonal diameter in about 90 seconds !

Comment

Pindecked, that's how I remember them!

Ed

Hey Murray,what's the chance of you guy's ditoing (is that a real word) this item???
                    Ed

[This message has been edited by Ed Fox (edited 02-01-2001).]
                    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Ed,
                      I just installed the humpback and it works just like they said it would. My boss didn't like the cost at first, but after he seen it run and not having any ball trouble he wants to put more in the place.

kropy

Comment

I was informed yesterday that comp. that was manufacturing some of the part's for Eastren is in the proccess of makeing those part's available through them. When I get the info. I will let every one know.

Ed

------------------
                        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Ed-hope your right,sure do like those eastern kickers-be looking for more info later on that. Phill

Bye the way Ed, your right ,e-mail add. should be common knowledge for all techee's. Youve got mine ,e-mail me anytime.

Comment

I too have seen the red kicker wheels grind down in a big hurry. I personally like the round murry kicker. They work well and don't grind down if a ball gets stuck.
                            Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X