Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Mail address??

I was thinking about what had just happened in one of the thread's and I thought that I probably could use some anger managment training but IM generally a laid back person that enjoy's life while it's here! Any way what I am getting at is I think in the future (and any members that we presently have now) should have an available E-mail address so if I would like to contact them it would be possible. Mike being the great person that he is has offered a address at Bowltech. com for every one to use. I think an address should be mandatory info. at the membrship agreement one way or another. For instance I would love to explain to MOK why I said the thing's I said privately because I wouldnt want to "FLAME up another down hill conversation"

just my 2 cent's worth...
    Ed

------------------
    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Re: E-Mail address??

Ed,

Good idea.

king

Comment

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ed Fox:
      I think an address should be mandatory info. at the membrship agreement one way or another.</font>[/QUOTE]

It is, Ed. Remember how you had to put in a valid email address so you could get a password to start posting? The other users may or may not have access to it, depending on how you have your profile set up, but the administrators do.

Comment

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mok:
        It is, Ed. Remember how you had to put in a valid email address so you could get a password to start posting? The other users may or may not have access to it, depending on how you have your profile set up, but the administrators do.</font>[/QUOTE]

Mok, no I actually dont remember but if what you say is true then please let me correct my self.

I think an address should be mandatory info. that should be available to all other members at the time of sighning up as a member.

------------------
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

After posting a oil pattern for the magnum I got a **** load of e-mails from people I never heard of wanting me to do this and that. I felt a little overwhelmed, and a little upset. I spent a lot of time plugging in those numbers for a member here, which I don't mind. But to have a dozen other people I don't know asking me for help, I can't take. I felt bad that I didn't respond to all of them. So what should I do? I thought very hard about not listing my e-mail address.

I like the choice of having our e-mail address listed.

Jonas

Comment

Jonas, E-mail address's, screen name's? It almost seem's like were afraid to let people know who you are!!!

I havent tried it but I think you could almost claim you live in Beverly Hills California, 90210 and pretend you mech101 and not have any clue! Not haveing any clue is OK, we all have to start somewhere and I guess we are all willing to go to difernt levels of how we are willing to help each other ie: long distance phone call's etc. My point is if I could comunicate direct sometime's it would probably solve some of these issues.

I have even had some of the moderator's contact me directly to ??some of my intention's (because my e-mail address was available they were able to do this) and after I explained my side of the story I was let go to say what I wanted to say!It just makes sence to me!!
            just my 2 cent's worth.....

Ed

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ed Fox (edited 02-03-2001).]
            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

In another thread somebody asked me "what does it matter if you put your oil tanks in a different way?". Well, I again spent a lot of time posting a response. What does he do, nothing, no response, no thank you. He goes on to somebody else, arguing about something else just for the sake of arguing. THAT made me mad. He just blew me off like I was his servant, at his every beckon call. I let him have it in a e-mail to him, but half way through I thought "does it really matter? This guy isn't going to give a rats ash if I set him strait or not." So I didn't send it.

I learned my lesson, prove him wrong and he shuts up.

But I could have trained him better,

Jonas

Comment

I think that if you have knowledge of lane eqipment is our good fortune to enlighten other mechanics who are not as talented. Just think if you help one misguided mechanic running his lanes it could effect 300 to 1500 league bowlers in just one center. If it wasn't for bowling I wouldn't have s**t. It is called giving back to the game

king

[This message has been edited by 82/70 king (edited 02-03-2001).]

Comment

I agree with having valid e-mail addresses for people to ask questions. A few have e-mailed me and it hasn't bothered me one bit. Ed has even instant messaged me a few times. I like hearing from anybody involved with this site. I have even posted the name of my center and where it's located in case someone wanted to call. I enjoy helping everyone I can and hope I can continue to do so. To everyone here...hold your head high and speak your mind. Don't be afraid to ask questions...even if you think someone will rag on you. Just weed through the garbage and take in the help. You should be able to tell when someone is ragging or is full of it. The other people here will let you know by responding back at the one that is full of it.

To those who want to ignore DW...I would continue to let him know when he is out of line. That is how we will let the inexperienced know who is for real and who is not. But remember...everyone IS entitled to his/her own opinion.

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 02-04-2001).]
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JBEES:
                    I like hearing from anybody involved with this site. I have even posted the name of my center and where it's located in case someone wanted to call.
                    </font>[/QUOTE]

Well, I was in Phoenix last weekend as I promised, and if it hadn't been for the fact that you apparently only work on weekdays... <shrug> Oh, well. C'est la guerre.

(BTW -- noticed it was an AMF-owned house. Also noticed, not surprisingly, that there wasn't a single "A-2" label on the deck shields. And now that I see where your center is, it's obvious where you got your handle from.)

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Don't be afraid to ask questions...even if you think someone will rag on you.</font>[/QUOTE]

I eased up on posting after Mr. Wilson put up his post that basically said that the Topic Police were riding into town. Why? I'm not a bowling tech. How topical can I be?

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">To those who want to ignore DW...I would continue to let him know when he is out of line.</font>[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what happened, and that's how the flamewar began. Unfortunately, instead of patrolling the beat, the Topic Police were parked at the donut shop and did nothing until I started screaming. If it were possible to killfile/twit filter users on this site, he'd be in there already.

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">That is how we will let the inexperienced know who is for real and who is not.</font>[/QUOTE]

The problem with that is that each side is going to claim the other is "not for real" -- a classic case of he said/she said.

Comment

Mok...sorry I missed you, we had a Boy Scout outing last weekend. And I usually work on Saturday mornings...at least lately...lol
                      Last Saturday I talked one of my guys to fill in so I could go on the outing with my boys. Wet and Cold. But we had a good time anyway.

I don't get the handle thing...what did you mean?

We have NO decals on our deck shields. We are working on finding someone to print some decals for them that say "AMF" with the pinsplash on it. We will also be painting them before we install the decal. You may have noticed the rake boards...some are grey with green deals on them and some are black with black decals on them. We are currently painting the grey ones black and putting on new decals.

As far as he said/she said...if only one guy is saying he's the real deal and 10 guys are telling him he's not...well, you get the idea.

Maybe the next time you're in the area...

Steve
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Mok -
                        Real nice posting, there. Very artsy-fartsy. You ought to win some award for that.
                        Regarding the AMF defacing their Brunswick equipment talk - the AMF center I worked at this summer had "Brunswick" across the sweeps (oops, rakes), "A-2" on the "deck covers" and those godawful tacky huge "Brunswick 2000" chrome things on the sides of the front ball lifts.
                        Had a few people giving me Brunswick center coupons. Some were just morons and thought that a coupon for bowling is a coupon for bowling. Others actually pointed out to the sweeps (there I go again) that said "Brunswick" on them. I hate trying to describe the situation in our industry to people.
                        Chad Q.

Comment

Mok, please dont hold back from posting on the site. I and I am shure many other's enjoy haveing you here. Your posting are much more helpfull then you probably realize. If nothing else you definitally put a good grin on my face!

Ed

------------------
                          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JBEES:
                            Last Saturday I talked one of my guys to fill in so I could go on the outing with my boys.</font>[/QUOTE]

I actually stopped by on Sunday, because I was busy myself all Saturday. Seems the friend in question was getting married to a woman who *insisted* on having the wedding outdoors. In the mountains. We were cold and wet for hours because she wanted a view. Why she either a) couldn't move it inside or b) delay it 24 hours...

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I don't get the handle thing...what did you mean?</font>[/QUOTE]

CB handle. Screen name. Nom de plume. In your case, the name of a restaurant chain in Phoenix (JB's), which just happens to have a location about a half block from your center.

In fact, Ed was wondering why it seemed like he was the only one on here who uses his real name...

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">As far as he said/she said...if only one guy is saying he's the real deal and 10 guys are telling him he's not...well, you get the idea.</font>[/QUOTE]

Right. I get the idea that he's going to think he's being persecuted, that martyrdom suits him just fine, and fight back all the harder.

[This message has been edited by Mok (edited 02-04-2001).]

Comment

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AMF Magic Triangle:
                              Real nice posting, there. Very artsy-fartsy. You ought to win some award for that.</font>[/QUOTE]

I'll have you know I won an award for the Most Gratuitous use of the word "Belgium" in a Screenplay! I'm a real hoopy frood.

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I hate trying to describe the situation in our industry to people.</font>[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. At least your equipment doesn't obsolete itself every six months.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X