Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo Motors

Anybody out there have trouble with Westinghouse Motors gears blowing out? Pinspotters are 12 years old. Motors started going out soon after installation. It's a 32 lane house and so far I have rebuilt 26 table motors and 10 Sweep motors. It appears that the Planets go and take the rest of the gearbox with.

Re: Combo Motors

Poplar: Welcome aboard!!!!! Don't forget to tell the others that you've already checked shaft and plate alignnment.
    DJS

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by poplarpetey:
      It's a 32 lane house and so far I have rebuilt 26 table motors and 10 Sweep motors.[/QUOTE]

Pop, I have never heard of such a problem before. My guess would be they are not factory rebuilt and they have inferior parts. If you are using "V" as your supplier for parts the problem will never go away.

Jonas

Comment

JONAS: Have to agree with you. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER MIX "V" WITH AMF IN MOTORS. (Except the stators they get from AOSmith.)

Comment

Machines were installed brand new so all motor parts are original AMF. I tried Vantage motor parts one time and will never do it again!

Comment

I would try disconecting all the springs and the load of the table so the shaft is floating(so to speak), and then loosen up the bearing assembly to let it "seek" its proper place then re-tighten assy..
            What did AMF say about all this?
            I have two bearings per shaft and don't plan on puting in the plates for fear of this very problem.

Good luck,
            Jonas

Comment

Jonas: That's almost exactly what AMF told us to do except that they wanted me to re-drill holes in the bearing plate where the shoulder screws go through and then tighten. I did this on 10 machines but none of the holes were "mis-aligned". Also, because the center went bankrupt and was purchased by new owners, AMF wouldn't do anything. They finally sent us enough parts to do 10 motors and said that was all they would do. Nice.

Comment

Jonas: Be careful on those double-bearing drive shafts when installing a motor onto the shaft. The weight of the motor puts a permanent strain on the cage spline if the motor is tightened without support, such as a prybar under the gearbox. Pry the motor up just a hair while tightening the first bolt to relieve the strain. I think this is why AMF went to the guide plate rather than the inner bearing, to allow for more freedom in motor location. I have the plates and pry them up a bit while tightening. If a shaft is pulled out later, it looks real clean, hardly any wear.
                Just a thought.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X