Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table ground wire

Just wondering if anybody has ever had a proglem caused by the ground wire not being conected to the table.

Jonas

Re: Table ground wire

Not I. But my table cables are gone.

king

Comment

I'm too getting rid of the table wiring(except the gps wiring),there's no need for it anymore thanks to the camera that is taking over the table wiring.
      So it goes.

Comment

yep, had a lane that for no particular reeason would intermittenly dump a full rack on a full rack. so i just ran a seperate wire from the ground srew to the terminal strip and duct it to the table cable.

i too have since removed all wiring. thx to expander boards....... i callem "MP wanna be's!"

Comment

Man am I jealous!!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

ED
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Lampie: Get rid of the gps wiring and switches too. You don't need them. I've had them out for over 5 years without a problem.

Comment

Mmmhhh, there are two little ghosts flying around my head about now, the red one says"get them out", the white one says"wait a little longer". I stay with the white one, aslong as I'm not realy sure..

Martin

P.S. talking about gps wiring
              So it goes.

Comment

What do you guys do without table cables when the camera goes down? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

If the camera goes down, I change the camera.
                  If the entire computer system is blown up, we have some old paper score sheats(didn't happen yet)to let the people bowl if they still want.The only problem with the machine is getting an empty pindeck after a strike.

Martin
                  So it goes.

Comment

when the camera goes down........by default...its assumed there's a pin left...and so its simply...

to the desk person.....(with tears of hard ship in their eyes).."everytime i throw a strike i have to hit the button!!!!" ( we need a tear jerker smiley for our beloved bowlers)

anyhow i did have a pair go down for two days...and i simply lazy-chained the respots without an inncident<<--sp?....spell check never works for me

Comment

It may sound crazy but most of my tables are'nt grounded with a wire. Either the wire was used to replace a cell wire or the plugs and recepticles are removed so wires go strait from the channel to the cells.
                      I should have never posted this topic because Coors now has me thinking about the times I've had in the past with full sets dumping on each other and I cant for the life of me remember what caused it to happen. There have been a few times while after working on a machine I go to turn everything back on and get the 10 on 10 but I just chalked it up to the logic in the 5 boards being confused. Now you got me confused.

Thanks Coors

Jonas

Comment

Jonas: AOL bumped me off last night and my reply was lost. It was lengthy, but I'll try to encapsulate it for you.
                        Without the ground wire, the table is still grounded thru the machine, but only thru bearings. These will provide ground, but not necessarily perfectly 100% of the time, so you may gat an occassional false X. Before scoring, most of my ground wires were broken, but I have newer machines (C's) with the steel table legs and steel spherical bearings, not the aluminums with bronze bushings.
                        As far as table cable removal, do you have scoring (other than Brunswick)? If so, don't worry about it if you have intelligent chassis', or are considering getting them (MP's, OmegaTek w/Expanders, XOP's, etc).
                        Good Luck. Feel free to e-mail me if you need more help.

Comment

Thanks for the offer BowlEquip. I started it to see if anybody had problems running wanna-be's without scoring interface. Heard they put out a lower voltage to the table. One of these days I'll be forced to upgrade and am planning ahead.

You could look at my "355* fact or fiction" post(Nov 2000). I really am curious about that one.

Jonas

Comment

I have no table wiring at all. This past summer we had the field upgrade that converted our 8270s to 8290s. All new wiring (none in the table) and three new motors on each machine. A bit costly but WOW what a difference. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Dennis,

Are you happy with the conversion?

Was it worth the money?

How are the new chassis controllers working?

king

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X