Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Chassis Problem

I have a chassis that intermittently gives me a problem. It is not in the Omega - Tek board or pins / sockets. It has happened on more then one lane. When it is time to spot a full rack of pins from strike cycle or 2nd ball the table just sits there and does nothing. It can run for 2 weeks and not screw up. I have changed spot relay also. and used contact cleaner on all relay sockets. HELP!

king in distress

Re: SS Chassis Problem

how about the two little coil wires to the table contacts? when the machine just sits there...can you slap the chassis and the table suddenly runs?

im sure you've recrimped the C2A...could be in just a loose Bin Switch circuit connection

Comment

Positive it is in the chassis. It has been on more then one pinspotter.

king

Comment

Had one a couple weeks ago on my MP's,turned out to be one of the wires to the spot relay from underneath. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

King:

Check your voltage at the spot relay. The SS Chassis use 10VDC to fire whereas the MPs use 24VAC. Check to make sure you've got it there.
          If so, when the machine is flucking up, watch the spot relay when SB is supposed to fire it...see if it fires. Sounds like the first place I'd look.

Let us know what else you've tried.

Kat :p
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Just more fuel for your fire....82-70 MP chassis will have no spooting of pins and no automatic sweep reverse if the circuit breaker fails. :p
            If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

I will run it on Thurs. Kat Which post will have 10 volts. Should I put it to a spot cycle with the table motor unplugged and check that way?

king

Comment

I'll add to the list.

You could check the c2a ground wires. I've seen this cause the problem.

Capacitor 1 is part of the 10v power supply. I've had a couple of those go bad. I'm not sure if the Omega board uses that though. If the board has terminals 5 and 9 it does use it.

The table relay varistor on the heat sink might be bad.

Comment

In general, CP-1, -2, -3 capacitors are not used when using omega's, but they're still in the circuitry and can cause problems if they go bad. Not likely, though.
                  Also remember, if the spot relay is the problem, then the table would still run, but it just won't spot. So if the spotting solenoid engages, but the table doesn't run, steer clear of the spot relay...it's not the problem. It may be a high voltage problem such as table contactors or C1 pins.

Comment

In general, CP-1, -2, -3 capacitors are not used when using omega's, but they're still in the circuitry and can cause problems if they go bad. Not likely, though.
                    Also remember, if the spot relay is the problem, then the table would still run, but it just won't spot. So if the spotting solenoid engages, but the table doesn't run, steer clear of the spot relay...it's not the problem. It may be a high voltage problem such as table contactors or C1 pins. Sorry, just recalled you said it was not the pins. Does the table ever fail to run any other time? Feeling for pins? Quickest test for corroded contactor points is to quickly flip the table (or sweep) switch in the control box off then on when the table (or sweep) is supposed to be goinng.undefined

Comment

Oh dear Lord. Send it back. Don't try to track that kind of thing down without 5-boards! Aahhh!

Comment

king
                        if all else fails,have you given the chassis a vibration test?what I do is drop the chassis from about the five foot level a few times,then it won't work at all.then you don't have a intermittent problem anymore !
                        then the problem is found much faster.
                        good luck crud. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                        if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

I have found this a useful remedy (drop) to repair Brunswick detectors and power lift control boxes. However I have not done this to any chassis yet!

king

[ February 22, 2001: Message edited by: 82/70 king ]

Comment

King,
                            Are you still having a problem with this?
                            It sounds like a problem in either the BS or SA circuits. I don’t have a schematic at home, so I’m not sure which wires should be traced. I’d start at where the signal comes into the C-2-A block from those switches & go from there.
                            I had a chassis doing something similar & it turned out to be a bad SP relay socket, the relay itself was fine.
                            Dutch

Comment

I don't think this is the solution for you but I've had the same problem on one lane once, caused by a bad diode in the counterdesk(the diode thats paralel over the counter coil was having a short), the counter is directly connected to your spot and table relay.

Martin
                              So it goes.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X