Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Elevator Belts & Amflite Glow Pins

Is there a difference between the AMFlite glow pin and non glow pin other than the fact it glows, as far as the way it is physically constructed?

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: geminix ]

Re: Pin Elevator Belts & Amflite Glow Pins

Pontiac Phoenix, I hope.
    Anyway, there are a mess of dist belts out there, as you know. You take your pick. I imagine I've got one of every kind running at my 3 dumps, really no problem with any. Most of my machines are slow-down pulleys.
    Methinks the slippery problem has to do with glow-coating. I'd wash the pins, using a scotch-brite pad very lightly to give the pins more surface texture and friction.

Comment

Geminix:

Call Stahl's 70s, they have a B-188 belt that is made for this purpose. The OEM belt is a B-190, so the B-188 takes up the slack created by a smaller drive pulley.
      Their number is 952-432-2231. The belt is a continuous one, no splices.
      :p
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Oh, you mean elevator belts. Silly me. We use spliceless b-188's on machines with small sheaves. I think they come from Grainger, maybe Vantage. Even so, the belt slips on the sheave when elevator is stopped due to a jam. Prevents BE motor damage.
        Many of the tensioner pulleys are double-springed, you may want to try that as a temporary fix...

Comment

Magic,

"Pontiac Phoenix" Lmao.....Too funny....

Alright guys...dissenting opinion here...I take my original belts and put a splice in them and use the Brunswick splice kit (Magic are we still buds?) It only takes a minute...and only if the belt is in good shape...I would rather spend money elsewhere then on unneeded belt replacement....like a pay increase for me!

king

Comment

I have been in a couple of houses where the mechanic had a cam follower or roller on the back of the back end control box to put more tension on the belt. I think they ran the belt up over it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X