Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Elevator Belts & Amflite Glow Pins

Is there a difference between the AMFlite glow pin and non glow pin other than the fact it glows, as far as the way it is physically constructed?

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: geminix ]

Re: Pin Elevator Belts & Amflite Glow Pins

Pontiac Phoenix, I hope.
    Anyway, there are a mess of dist belts out there, as you know. You take your pick. I imagine I've got one of every kind running at my 3 dumps, really no problem with any. Most of my machines are slow-down pulleys.
    Methinks the slippery problem has to do with glow-coating. I'd wash the pins, using a scotch-brite pad very lightly to give the pins more surface texture and friction.

Comment

Geminix:

Call Stahl's 70s, they have a B-188 belt that is made for this purpose. The OEM belt is a B-190, so the B-188 takes up the slack created by a smaller drive pulley.
      Their number is 952-432-2231. The belt is a continuous one, no splices.
      :p
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Oh, you mean elevator belts. Silly me. We use spliceless b-188's on machines with small sheaves. I think they come from Grainger, maybe Vantage. Even so, the belt slips on the sheave when elevator is stopped due to a jam. Prevents BE motor damage.
        Many of the tensioner pulleys are double-springed, you may want to try that as a temporary fix...

Comment

Magic,

"Pontiac Phoenix" Lmao.....Too funny....

Alright guys...dissenting opinion here...I take my original belts and put a splice in them and use the Brunswick splice kit (Magic are we still buds?) It only takes a minute...and only if the belt is in good shape...I would rather spend money elsewhere then on unneeded belt replacement....like a pay increase for me!

king

Comment

I have been in a couple of houses where the mechanic had a cam follower or roller on the back of the back end control box to put more tension on the belt. I think they ran the belt up over it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X