Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most stupid question

Just a question(I think only very old rookies can have an answer to this).

On all the table crank housings(and cup assy's)from the table drive assy', AMF made some kind of hook (on the link hub side). I've never seen one without it and I still don't know why its there. Ofcourse I did some thinking..mhh prevending bad table breaking(maybe invented with some kind of latch with a spring)...maybe for transport safety without table gearbox...

Ahdoknowdoyouknow?

Realy curious Martin

[ April 13, 2001: Message edited by: lampie ]
    So it goes.

Re: most stupid question

Wait a minute does this have to do with the Batman Cam?
    Na na na na na Bat Man!

No, Seriously, are you talking about spot/respot levers? The front of the machine is one of the areas I'm stupidest about. I know what to do to make it set a full rack, I know which shaft is which, little else.
    I know some have two solenoids and no "sweep at zero, you moron" lever switches, others have one solenoid and the sweep at zero lever switch. Never had time or patience to figger it out, the manuals are no help.

If this is not what yer talkin' 'bout, sorry, but I would like to know the difference.

Comment

Great question Martin !!!

I have no idea why its there ether. Maybe its there for a machining process when they make the part or for extra strength. I wonder if the hook points strait up at mechanical zero? Maybe its a huge timing mark. Maybe the original design of the machine only had 1 cam switch and thats the cam and they never bothered to change the mold. I don't know. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] I got to look at it on a machine tomorrow.
      You're probably right about it being some sort of latch for machine transport.

Comment

Magic,

No it doesn'nt have to do with the na na nana batman!'cam !
        (by the way :I didn't invent this name, somebody on Bowltech mentioned this and I was trying to figger out what he ment, the only thing that looks a little bit like batman is the respot cam link and bearing assy' so I did give that one a try).
        You would like to know the difference about what I'm talking about and what you think I'm talking about...
        If you stand on the front side of your machine, you have on the right side of your table shaft the table"crank housing and cup assy'"(I didn't invent this name either, it's in your manual). on the left side off this "thing" there's something described above of which I don't know what it it is for.

That's all.

Chaddyoooh !

Martin
        So it goes.

Comment

Oh. Well, I'll just check that out tonight then.
          Mahhrrrrteiynnnn!

Comment

Magic,
            I'm so sorry you have to work tonight,burb,but you spell my name as if you, burb,have a big hangover,burb.
            Or are you a lot older than I think(old rookie?).

Burby

(burb)
            So it goes.

Comment

AStupidReplyToAMostStupidQuestionFromStupidMemberB ender.

On the end of the Table shaft,
              There is the "table drive".
              That can lower the table to,
              Spot or respot then die.

MembersStupidBenderRenderedStupidQuestionTendered

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                Bender, I think you'd better check the ventilation system at Sonesta. Especially in the back.
                Top-drawer with the haiku and rhyme-thing, though.

Mah-eeen! (ala the TV show), I still have not managed to remove head from posterior. I looked at my machines tonite and "borrowed" the manual to try to figger it out. Of course you don't mean "lever-cam" or "stop lever assy" on shuttle/solenoid assy do you? Or "latch assy" on table drive assy?
                I'm feeling rather assy myself.
                BTW, I never get hangovers, I'm still drunk when I wake up. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by lampie:
                  On all the table crank housings, AMF made some kind of hook [/QUOTE]
                  ya know, i never noticed that before. but i like your spring theory. would hold the table at 355 and not let it drift backward

Comment

Magic,

I did everything to explain this to you,
                    it didd't help so here's another Haiku.

IT MUST BE SAD TO,
                    NOT TO KNOW WHAT LAMPIE MEANS,
                    COORS AND BENDER DO !

Martin aka verybadman
                    So it goes.

Comment

Magic,

Did you run over lampies bunny?

Jerry

Comment

LAMPIE; i know what your talking about,you must have some real old machines that were converted [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] have you ever heard of 8270,a,roll over bin first came out in 1963 your table drive had a spring adjustment for the latch.do you have a mix of machines [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] crud
                        if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

CrudBud,

On every machine I know in the Netherlands there's that hook. Did look in a new Vantage book today andyuoknowwhat:the hook is even in the Vantage book(if you have it page 24 right next to # 15 on the crank housing).
                          I can't help it, it's realy there...
                          Whyohwhy?

Beer
                          So it goes.

Comment

explain that to me crud-bud...

how did the spring adjustment work...what was the spring/latch connected to?

does anyone by chance have an 82-70-A manual???

Comment

I still do not know what the Holy Hell is going on here. I have some very old machines and have not found any strange hooks or holders for newer machines (except those previously listed).
                              Oh, believe me, I have looked.
                              So, here is another haiku:
                              YOU ARE DILLUSIONARY,
                              THERE IS NO SUCH HOOK;
                              YOU ARE JUST TEASING ME.
                              So there.
                              Here is yet another:
                              YOU SEE A RED HEAD,
                              HE IS DRUNK AND MAD.
                              HAUL HIM OFF TO JAIL.
                              I think this will be more effective.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X