Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70/82-90's Whats is Different ?

Hi All [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Yes , It looks like a silly question , But I need to know some "Basic" obvious differences between 30 Year old 70's & approx 4 year old 90's [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Some background to let you know why I've put this posting in , Currently work at venue with 30+ year old 70's ( Still a Newbie at this ) & have a chance to pick up a few shifts at another venue that has less than 4 year old 90's ( Have never seen one !)

Have to front the site in 2 days for an interview , It would be nice to get an overview so I don't look any stupider than I normally do :p

Not worried about cosmetic type differences , Just Major differences between 70's-90's , & don't need a lot of detail , just a quick overview.

Things like the Motors are located in different places , The machines operating cycle is different , That sort of info.

Also does anyone else work on both 70's & 90's on a regular basis ( I'm sure there are plenty of you folks ) , If so , how do you find the need to change "Skill Sets" as you move from 90-70's & visa-versa ?

As usual , Thanks in advance to all [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Cheers ,
    Mark

Re: 82-70/82-90's Whats is Different ?

I can't help with mechanical differences but other than the elevator being a little different i'm not sure that there are any unless they have the horizontil ball returns. We have the 90/XL upgrade. The difference is one chassis per lane pair. No C1 or C2A plugs. The chassis is located between the machines in the back end at the rear of the ball lift area.They use a camera for pin info so there is no TAC cable or cell wires. The combo motors have the capacitors mounted on them so none are in the wireway in front. The backend motors are mounted at a 90 degree angle so they are not pointed at the dist. but towards the front of the machine. The strike cycle does not include a search for pins due to the camera. And you can use the auto sweep reverse for 7-10 pickoffs and out of ranges. I'm sure there is more I can't think of but I'm sure others will chime in. Hope this helps

Comment

Hi mreessr ,
      All good info , thanks very much [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

The single chassis per pair , That's interesting ( But makes logical sense ), I'll keep that one ready for the Obvious question(s) I'll get when interviewed [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] :-
      "So what major electrical difference have you seen on these 90's ? " [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the time taken to help out .

Cheers & Happy Easter
      Mark

[ April 13, 2001: Message edited by: Mark Anderson ]

Comment

Hi mark,

I used to service a rec center that had a couple of 82/90's,

there is not alot different from the 70's mechanically except the motors where by fredrickson and the pinwheel
        guard was hinged to swing out so you can change the cushion or do pit work.

distributor,table and sweep are the same. I'm sure there were some other refined parts ofthe 90 but the major difference is the one chassis controlling a pair of machines.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure someone will do! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ), but I think the backend motors on the 82-90s are parallel to the lane, not parallel to the pin wheel.

I could be getting confused with 82-70XLs, so don't quote me on it!!

Have fun!!!

Comment

Later 90's have steel tables with slightly different cell setup, nothing you can't figure out with the help of the manual entitled "82/90 Steel Table Supplement".
            No start switches at the cushion...triggering comes with the machines.
            By the way, the earliest 90's still had table cables, no cameras.
            8800 Gold models have HBR's..horizontal ball returns. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Pretty much the same machine other than the motors and chassis. I have a pair of 90XLs in a personal residence that I service and the steel table is pretty nice. Cells are easy to adjust and use an allen bolt instead of the old 1/4" in an insert. Camera does all the table electrical work. Pinwheel motor is parallel to the lane and drive shaft housing is much wider. Better lubrication ports for the table legs too. An easy machine to work on and service. Hope you get the job.

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Hi Mark,
                Ive Worked on 8270's, 8290's and also 8800's other than the Chassis there arn't all that many differences. Just a couple of note worthy one's,

: Pinwheel rollers run one the inside
                the pinwheel with no ring tube
                weldment

: torque tubes for both sweep and table
                now have Nylon Bushings in the pillow
                block. (nomore broken brackets)

: Chassis replaces B/E control box

: now has front end control box

: Chassis go beep beep beep beep every
                time they turn the lane on

as for the ball elevator unless your working with kicker lifts now the pbl should be the same
                i haven't seen the new horizontal lifts yet
                Greg

Comment

little off topic but someone tell me this, how is a horizontal ball lift a lift at all? i thought the whole idea was to remove the lifting action...

Comment

AMF's official name for the system is "HBR" (horizontal ball return).
                    Should be called "HPJ" (horrible pin jam).

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X