TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty bowling pins

I have 8230's, and try to keep them fairly clean. I put in new pins about a month ago, and they are filthy. We have fairly clean carbets and distributor belts, synthetic decks, and all new(and clean) kick panels. The pinwheels are regularly wiped out as well as the spotting cups. So where do the grease smears come from? Also, the tops are pretty chewed up already. Any suggestions? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Dirty bowling pins

Mike,
    Take a peek at your cushion facings too.As these wear they will give 'ya smudgies & such.
    Tops of the pins?
    Maybe some plow damage.Ya know,those little corners that break off the plows where sidewall/carpet/plow meet.
    fatty

Comment

I had the same problem about two months ago. The dirty pins were in a pinspotter that had a gates (orange) original style carpet. When the ends fray on them the black comes from the carpet itself. I had no dirty pins in the Vantage carpet belt pinspotters. Vantage does make the best carpet.

Jerry

Comment

I agree with King on the Gates belt. The lane oil breaks down the rubber and makes a big mess out of the machine and pins. But with the other belt my opinion differs from his!

Jerry, we finished those links. IM going to get a couple out to you soon. Wait to you see these!!

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: Ed Fox ]
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Ed,

Looking forward to those links....tired of rebuilding those rollers....at least if it lasted longer it would be better.

Jerry

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by NOOLIO:
            As these wear they will give 'ya smudgies & such.[/QUOTE]
            "Smudgies!" [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            These have been a big pain in my ass this season. (I guess I should have wiped! )
            Everybody's balls getting smudgies on them, but I've got no more cushion facings. I tell the boss, he says, "It's allright. Season's almost over;" or "It's allright. The cushion's still there isn't it?"
            Oy.

I have a '94 Beast. It is impervious to lane oil, dirt, and smudgies.

Comment

All of my carpets are less than 3 years old, and 3/4 of them are vantage. I agree, the vantage carpets are much better, but my dirt is from black grease smudges. Also, my cushion facings are all within 1 1/2 years old, AMF facings, and blue AMF rivets. Could the grease be coming from the sweep rails? If so, How do I keep them lubed without the grease coming in contact with the pins? I have very few ball sumdgies. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Mike,

Take your old Vantage carpets when you change one out and make new facings out of them. You can trace the pattern onto the carpet and cut it with a razor knife or sharp scissors.

Here is the kicker:
                1. Use the amf facing under the old carpet one!
                2. Only cut out 4 holes on the old carpet facing....2 end on the top and the two middle.

This way balls cannot impact rubber rivets and leave the smudges.

Stahls sells facings with just six across the top if you dont want to make them.

I always still use a original facing underneath with all rivets!

This also eliminates 99% of all rivet breakage!

Jerry

Comment

This way balls cannot impact rubber rivets and leave the smudges.

Stahls sells facings with just six across the top if you dont want to make them.

I always still use a original facing underneath with all rivets!

This also eliminates 99% of all rivet breakage!

Jerry[/QB][/QUOTE]

I don't use the rubber rivets anymore, I use the urethane, and I also like the velcro covers.

Martin
                  So it goes.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Black Consoles

I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....

Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...

Express Model B 40 lanemachine

Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.

82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...

82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
                  I'm...
                  Working...
                  X