TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUSHION CONCERNS

ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ABOUT LIGHT BALLS AND CUSHION TRIGGERING.

Re: CUSHION CONCERNS

Yes, Zot or any other infra-red auto trigger will do the trick. Shimming the s.s. will work but I prefer the ball triggers.

Comment

Definately agree w/Mreessr about "beam" type triggers.Unfortunately,I haven't worked but a few houses that have upgraded to beam style(still&always will be catchin'up)
      Zots are pretty much o.k. on 8 of the 12 lanes installed.
      The other two pair,me thinks,is alignment problem.
      SO...Not nockin'Zots;just wonderin' if anyone is having any success[or prob.s] w/other trigger beams?
      fatty

Comment

The best triggering I have found is Bowltronics by far. On AMF I mount them on the line where the round transition gutter meets the flat gutter....right behind the downsweep. This is behind the sweep. You have to adjust them to NO DELAY or you get false cycles. This helps eliminate deadwood (no pun) from in front of the sweep. I have 40 lanes running on this system in 3 houses for over 2 years and I havent had any failures or reflectors broken yet.

I have used AMF triggering before....NIGHTMERE...the ball speed sensitive feature was nice but I had alot of deadwood due to the fact if I had to keep alot of delay or slow moving kids balls would not get past the sweep. I also had too many false triggers and continious cycles. It is cost prohibitive, and I could not mount it behind the sweep. They have increased the reflector size which makes the adjustment not so critical for any of you that have problems with that. Call AMF and get the bigger reflectors and it makes adjustment much easier. Control box changes are not very fast due to hardwiring.

Jerry

Comment

The ZOT and the Bowl-tronics systems both work well. The Bowl-tronics system doesn’t have all of the bells and whistles that Zot offers but I think their customer service is top notch! Rick A.K.A the owner of Bowl-tronics, he is a real nice guy and HE ALSO HELPS SUPPORT THIS SITE! But all in all they both are good systems.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: Ed Fox ]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

(no pun)
            Wonderful! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            fatty

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by DUSTIN:
              ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ABOUT LIGHT BALLS AND CUSHION TRIGGERING.[/QUOTE]

Dustin ,
              Good posting [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I see this problem all the time at my 70's site .

If it's a Family with Kids bowling ( or our many disabled bowlers who play in our house [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] ) , If I'm not busy , I'll watch the M/C & pull the cushion to make their game FUN for them & ensure they get proper scores .

But , That it's not a "FIX" , I wish I knew what the answer was to this problem [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

IR ball triggering is Great , But many "A" owned centres can't get the $$$ to install a 70XL upgrade or some other form of IR ball sensing system.

The Orange 8LB Balls are the worst from my observations .

I'm hesitant to make the Cycle MicroSwitch activate on a Hair Trigger , as something as simple as the THUMP from the Adjacent M/C may cycle the M/C & as you would guess the number of Sweep damage problems would go sky high .

Also IR triggering may not work with 30's ( Cobow or 8230 may know the answer to that ! )

Unless someone has a low cost DIY mechanical / electrical solution I reckon we are stuck with the problem [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

A bit of History , When I did Bowl as a Teenager ( I don't anymore ) about 23 or so years ago the lightest ball in the House Ball Rack was a 10LB , I wonder If they ever caused this problem , I've never seen a 10LB cause a no cycle unless it had no momentum when it hit the cushion .

Comment

we killed about ten birds with one check when we got Qubica scoring. the ball detect for the scoring doubles as a machine trigger. ive disconnected all pit switches....if a cushion falls to the carpet...no big deal

Comment

I AM TRYING TRIGGERING FROM STAHLS ON 82-30S. WORKS GREAT. ONLY DRAWBACK IS NO ADJUSTMENT FOR TIME DELAY. NO INTERFACE WITH AUTO-SCORING(ACCUSCORE PLUS). CONNECTS TO TENTH FRAME SWITCH FROM FRONT ON BALL RETURN.
                  Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Toon,

What would you need to interface with the scoring for? Are you haveing switch problems on the sweep?

Jerry

Comment

The thing I have tried that work was not the I beams and triggers but simply flipping over the link that runs the cushion swith. now I talking about the piece that pivots when the ball hit the cushion. This aslo cuts down on balls idleing on the back board. learned that one from noolio and Al b thanx guys it work great. The only draw back is somtimes a pin will fall of the disributor and trigger the sweep. In my center this doesen't happen but once or twice a week and I'm working on a solution to this problem when I find one I will let you all know what it is. peace I'm out.

Dustin (the Sherman Tank)

Comment

Good tip Dusten

Thanks

Comment

Dust man;
                          Can't take credit for the inverted pivot where top of cushion shock hooks into.
                          Tim Poole(Holiday Bowl) turned us onto that one moons ago.
                          We've actually been flippin' them back to "original" @the 'Tooth'.
                          Yes indeed,this "mod." will definately give 'ya a hair trigger st.switch,but like you pointed out,get a pin fallin' from dist.& it's cycle city.
                          Also,this "mod." makes the bottom of cushion rotate toward pindeck.
                          So now when ball hits cushion,the brunt of impact is inflicted on very bottom of thick rubber and over time will create wear areas that can give you various headaches(ball idling against cushion,ball wedged between cushion/bonceboard,wooden plank splintering prematurly,etc).
                          Just some conciderations to factor in...
                          fatty

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by DUSTIN:
                            The thing I have tried...simply flipping over the link that runs the cushion swith. [/QUOTE]

are you talkin about flipping the shock mount bracket...the one with three gromets in it???

once had an idiot accidentally flipped one....just for kicks i figured id see what would happen, if anything.

took 14 days (wed to wed) for the cushion weld to give. i wasnt gonna see what else would break (and i remember the pit motor mount crackin right in half..around that time. no joke...pit motor was layin 45degrees from straight

if flippin the shock mount gets ya hot n bothered have at it

Comment

Deadwood didn't start out crazy. It took this site to push him over the edge. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

[ May 20, 2001: Message edited by: Pepe LePeu ]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Black Consoles

I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....

Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...

Express Model B 40 lanemachine

Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.

82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...

82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
                              I'm...
                              Working...
                              X