Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fixed it! Yay!

Well I thought for sure I'd be asking y'all how to fix this, but damned if I didn't figger it out myself!

We lost power yesterday and then got a big surge when it came back on. Everything came out OK except for the spotting solenoid on one machine. Apparently, it died then. I've never had to work on such things before.

Presently, the head mechanic and owner are gone on a long vacation so I am the interim head mech and manager.
    All the good tools (like continuity testers) are locked up. Damn.
    So, when testing it to figure out what I should do, the table motor decided it wouldn't run - it would just buzz and pop the klixon.

I tore apart the front wireway and found that there was a weak wire connector on the CTM-1 and replaced it - that solved the table motor problem but the solenoid still wouldn't go. All other wires and connectors were OK.

So I replaced the solenoid - something I had never dreamed of doing before. Now it runs!
    I made it work!
    I have no idea about the electrical stuff, but by God I made it work!!!

Sorry, I just had to spout off about it. How embarrasing would it have been to leave that sweep down. "I dunno how to fix it, I'm the 'tarded red-haired kid."
    Instead, it will be, "despite the fact that you screwballs locked up the good tools, I was able to make your machine run. Now gimme a raise before I go work for AMF instead!"
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: I fixed it! Yay!

Hey Great JOB. Its nice to see someone who is not the head mechanic try! Cool I know a lot of people who would like to have someone who is willing to give it a good effort.

You should be elated!

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    We hear and see too much about assistants who are not willing to put out and effort other thatn to write a note. When everyone works together everything seems to work better.

Comment

Thanx for the nice words Pat but actually I spoke too soon. Damn thing pulled it again tonite.
      Solenoid works but table motor just buzzes.
      Combo motors have been swapped.
      Chassis also swapped, all C plug pins look good.
      I replaced a bad wire connector on CTM-1 and it worked - for a couple days.

Weak capacitor?
      Something binding somewhere?
      Bad chassis connection?
      Damn machines anyway.

Chaddo

Comment

Ecccentric: All good possibilities, When in doubt, replace both capacitors for the affected motor. They're cheap.

Comment

Chad:

All the things you mentioned point to the fact that it is something in the machine. Have you checked your centrifugal mech at all? If you're using the new style, sometimes the spring will fall off or break. This will cause a humming motor.
          It might also be sticking which is why it is working intermittently, you can try to spray some silicone into the hinges of the cent mech, but wipe up any excess. This will free up any sticky spots in it.
          Also check for continuity on your motor plug cable...make sure all pins have continuity back to the wireway.

As for the caps, make sure they have 50K + ohms and they are still good.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Hey thank you guys for the input, I will try them tomorrow...

In the meantime, the head mech (back for a short visit) made it run today, but it stopped running (even the sweep! ) in the middle of somebody's game!!!
            I did not have a chance to talk to him, and he did not leave any notes.

CRAP!!!
            I know that somebody has had this problem before.
            What do I do with this bucket of bolts?

Hey Gary, you still up for that $20/hr thing?

Comment

Chad, Since the Head mechanic couldn't fix it the price just went up to $30/hr.. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I'll stop by this afternoon, maybe we can figure it out together. It will cost you a cup of coffee though.

Gary

Comment

Well I went to Chads place yesterday to see if we could get this machine running. It was running. I'll let him tell you what it was.

Chad, you really should eat something more for lunch than a hot dog and bourbon. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Lemme guess...the motor was unplugged.
                  :p

Just kidding Chad.
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Ooo!
                    Will work for "R".
                    Could be persuaded to be a 'fly on the wall' W/possible imput if psyco(sorry,Sako)can tolerate my presence...
                    Off Sunday;let me know... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                    fatty

Comment

OK, it's been trouble-free for a couple days now. The CTM1 had a burned/loose terminal which got worse with every vibration of the machine. However, sometimes it would vibrate to a point where it made pretty good contact. Then it would vibrate loose again and burn some more.
                      Lack of sweep run was apparently solved with the ProgramZero button.

Solution: BowlEquip was right. Replace the damn capacitors.

Thanx guys,
                      Nool-I'll let you know when it's safe to come over...

Oh and Mr G, thanx for stopping by. Sorry I didn't see that you were expecting a cup of coffee until just now. and I'll have you know that I DID have more than just a hot dog and bourbon for lunch - the hot dog had onions and relish on it and the bourbon was mixed with Dr Pepper so there. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

El Chaddo

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X