Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I smooth out a sweep?

Hey people!

I have an 82-70 sweep that doesn't run so smooth anymore. I replaced a coasting motor, adjusted cams, and adjusted all the rods. It still binds up on the ball return side (even machine). For the life of me I cannot get it to run smooth....ugh

any thoughts? I need help [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Re: How do I smooth out a sweep?

Kinda need more info on the bind.
    Is it jerky when it runs? Can you feel a bind when cranked by hand? At what degrees is the bind? Does it make any squeaks when running?
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

hey man the best thing that I do is to look at another machine that is running smooth and look very closly each sweep will have a sweet spot look and soon you'll see the answer looking you in the face.

Comment

Sounds like your bumper is sticking #000-023-216. Clean it, shave a layer off, or replace it.

Comment

if your talkin about binding up to the point of lock (motor overload)....check sweep rocker arm for break outs of the bolt inserts.

if you're talkin about the "driving over a rocky road look" but never locking. . . .over travel will cause this, as will the "5 pin line" adjustments bein opposite for both sides.

or is it the other way around in reverse??

Comment

well it's more like a sudden jerking motion as the sweep comes up from the 270 position.
            I've compared to other machines and all I end up doing is re-adjusting all day long.

I'll keep trying your ideas and hopefully someday I'll get it figured out.

Comment

check and see if you have any slop in the sweep gearbox and also check the rod ends too

Comment

Check the sweep crank arm on the drive shaft for tightness.

Jerry

Comment

Beat me to it King, I was just gonna suggest the same thing. We just had 2 of em get loose on us. Tightened em and they run like new [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                  All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

If its only on one side like you say check for a broken pillow block strap. Also check the teloscoping ASSY, maybe the rod is bent. Its not a spongy shock mount is it?
                    Make sure all links are oiled.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X