Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table problems

Hey guys I have a problem with one of my tables as the machine spots pins. On the spot action the cups spring forward pretty violently (not in a smooth arc like motion). They spring forward 3/4 of the way down the spot motion. I replaced the table drive assy. along with the bearing in the clevis. I can't find any slop in any bearings or loose bolts to cause this. Can it be the arm act yoke asm (070002624)?

Re: table problems

We also have a problem like this with one of the machines at my centre. It's no big problem as it is OK with spotting full sets on a spot cycle, but when you go to respot a few pins using the shuttle method (pushing the required pins through the shuttle so they sit in the spotting cups, then holding the shuttle back by placing a pin in between the shuttle and the bin) they swing forward violently at about 3/4 of the way down and the pins just fall over.

As I said this is not a big problem, it's just we have to do respots on that lane the more conventional way!! It seems the more pins we have to respot (as in 1 pin compared to 7 pins) the better it gets.

My guess is one of the table springs has too much tension??

Have fun!!

Comment

check that all cups are clearing both the x frame and spotting link (zig zag bar), if the table gearbox is a 14.1 rpm, it can throw the pins as well, is the table drive tight on the shaft, if so, is the bolt through the eccentric to the table drive tight, we have ours as tight as possible, cause if either the table drive or the eccentric on the table drive slip, its enough to cause a throw.

i presume the spring pressure is not over adjusted on the back 2 shafts
      i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

if the bolt through the table drive into the eccentric is loose, make sure you tighten the lock nut on the eccentric end, or it will stay tight for about 100 cyles
        i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

I have had this problem before and I just took some tension off the springs 070-002-688 & 070-006-689 on the rear table shaft that has the 7, 8, 9, and 10 pin cups.

Terry

Comment

I don't remember ever having this problem, but my guess would be that the springs on the 7,8,9,10, cup shaft are too tight causing the jerking motion that you describe. I have some lanes that aren't as smooth as others, but since the pins don't fall over I haven't worried about. This might be one of those things to leave alone if it is not causing a problem. You might just make it worse, before it gets better. When I went to AMF school, they said "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." They meant if something isn't quite the way it is supposed to be but the machine still functions properly, Leave It Alone!. But you do what you think is right. If you think you can make it better, Go for it!
            Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

It is a violent action and causes pins to fall. I have narrowed it down to the arm act yoke asm. check part number above. Try this for me....watch a smooth running table as it spots pins. stand on top of the machine and look down at this part. Its on the left side of the machine on the # 1 yoke shaft. There is a follower inside the oval. Tell me if I'm wrong, but i think the oval only travels part of the way...on this machine it is traveling the whole length. There is a groove on the front of machine side in this part. I think when the follower gets in this groove and comes out its causing this jerk. I can't seem to adjust the follower so it stops short of this groove. Can someone please watch one of your machines and let me know if this might be it? thanks

Comment

It sounds like you're saying the bearing is traveling the whole length of the oval and you have never seen this before? Thats what its supposed to do. If your bearings aren't bottoming out in the oval and pulling the yoke rearward in your house you've got a problem. Is it possible all your oval arms are on backwards? I have never seen one put on backwards to see how it runs or if it can be adjusted so it binds at 45* to spot pins or not.
                The bearing should stay in contact with only one side of the oval as it travels the length of it. If its bouncing back and forth in there you need to tighten the big spring on the front of the table all the way down and then adjust the cup shaft springs to get rid of it.
                What was done to the machine if anything before this all started happening?

Comment

Its fixed now. I just went through and made the list of table adjustments and its working great. cups spring back just a bit on its return travel after spotting pins. None of the bearings travel the whole length of the oval in my machines that I can tell. they stop short of the very end (front of machine side). Also the bearings are only contacting the upper side of the oval leaving clearance on the bottom. seems to me that I had the problem because the bearing was traveling the length of the oval. It seems to run fine now without traveling the full length. thanks for the input

Comment

Casy,you need to call me in Beaverton or Tom in Lebanon for some training.
                    Don

Comment

Sorry Casey, I could have taken you right to the problem but I just do not have the time to browse Bowl Tech as often as I would like. In April I started working at a beautiful 32 lane center in Phoenix. I could not respot individual pins on any lane. Had to adjust the yoke springs on every machine and in a hurry as we had seven weekends of state tournament and a large tournament over the week of Independence Day.
                      82-70 King bowled here and loved the scorability nad Jerry, just to let you know we had an 880 on July 4th. Lefty went 300,280,300 skipping two pairs each game. You should see what I've done with this back end since you have been here. I'm almost done. Mike

[ August 13, 2001: Message edited by: Mike Stalker ]
                      Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Mike....your back room was very spacious....mine is tore up right now since we just completed a Anvil lane install.....I will work on it in a couple of weeks....I knew you were a "lanemason" after my visit. 880 is huge!

Jerry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X