Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foul lights

Hey has anyone ever wired up the foul lights so that the machine will always go into a foul cycle with the flip of a switch? During practice all the bowlers foul intentionally to set up new racks, but get oil on shoes and everywhere else.
    I have seen One house wired that way, So I'm thinking of doing it here. I'm not an electrician but have followed wires and schematics...not sure how i need to approach the switch concept. let me know if you have ever done this I have a couple questions for ya.

thanks

Re: foul lights

Maybe I am not correct but couldnt you just wire a toggle on the outside of the AMC box from the foul to ground and flip it during practice if you choose?

Jerry

Comment

I always thought that the machine needed the 12V signal from the foul light unit to the SS/MP Chassis for the machine to go into a foul cycle.

When a foul occurs (up front) the relays energize and send out 12V to the appropriate pinsetter.

Double check on your foul units with a multimeter and see what happens on the output terminal strip when the foul is registered.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

yeah the foul lights send a 12v AC signal to amc box...then up to chassis. (thats what I traced anyways). I cant seem to find a 12v AC source that i can splice and use to send a signal to chassis continuously with a flip of a switch. I'm getting a headache reading schematics all day!

Comment

You could catch the 1st ball light voltage.
          You could also stop the ball cycle memory from changing back to 1st ball if you have 5 board chassis.
          You could re-route the instructomat voltage(pc1-27) to the foul memory(pc1-13) and control it by the intructomat switch at the front desk. Yes, I would try that first.

fun,fun,fun [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Put your computer on zero pin no tap!

Wahah

Martin

P.S.

Look out with using the first ball voltage, some chassis give a little more(creative did burn all our our lightbulbs aka Lampies).
            So it goes.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Casey:
              I have seen One house wired that waythanks[/QUOTE]did the machines actually foul?? meaning the foul light came on, . .or the machines just continually set up full racks (always acted like on second ball?)

Comment

The machines acted like they were on second ball, always setting a full rack.

Comment

i think you may have seen a house with ultra 98 chassis, and the continuous full rack option turned on.

but i could be wrong.

Comment

What kind of bowler would not want to practice at spares?????? I thought that was the importance of bowling, I think that if I had bowlers tell me that they don't want to practice at various spares, I would tell them they were crazy... besides I think that I would have more important things to do than wiring a constant foul cycle to my machines... if they don't want to practice at pins they should shadow practice . and yes that is the Ultra 98 Chasis with this option...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X