Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting Cups

I am interested in knowing what kind of cups other guys are using. In the last week I had 4 cups break. I am wondering how the plastic cups are. I think Vantage has one called Lexan. Are these things any good. I'm thinking if I use plastic cups, maybe I can cut down on breakage from pinchasers getting pins jammed in the table. Also, does AMF make plastic cups?
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Re: Spotting Cups

I use the standard AMF Aluminum cups. I put in a set of AMF black plastic cups 3 years ago and there still good but I don't like them because you can't see the pins being set from the back of the machine.

Comment

We use Murrey's plastic cups. I prefer them over the AMF ones because of the fact that there is an adjustment bolt for the cup width. The AMF ones do not have it.

My logic was similar in using the plastic cups...I'd rather change a broken cup than a yoke.

Much quieter too! We've been switching over for the past 3 years now with no problems.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Vantage's original Lexan cup has a few problems, the worst being it didn't give you enough side movement because it was too bulky in the shaft area. This was fixed several years ago, but the fix resulted in a weaker area at the u-bolts. Be sure to NOT over tighten the bolts, and use liners to absorb some of the impact of the pins dropping into the cups.
        Anyone who prefers aluminum should try V's pit bull cup. I'm a die-hard AMF original guy, but this is one good cup all the way around. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I have tried a few lexan over the years. The Vantage one seems to be ok without the adj bolt. I have only lost 1 to crackage over a 2 year period. I choose not to run cup liners in the plastic cups. Just my personal preference.

The original cups are ok too. I believe I will go lexan as the aluminum break.

Jerry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X