Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep running backwards

ok guys got a good one for you 8270ss guys.
    I have a machine that started interlocking about once a day then it got worst and worst then I found the sweep would intermintly run in reverse at random [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] first I replaced the sweep reverse switch then changed the chassis then the sweep motor then the sweep motor cord still the same intermittent [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] checked wireways for bare wiring and things floating around terminal strips shorting changed capacitors for the hell of it. omega tech boards with nothing hooked up to scoring for a sweep reverse and the sweep will run in reverse from zero 66 270 when ever it wants to. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] CRUD any IDEAS
    if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Re: sweep running backwards

1. I would check the Terminal board on the stator.

2. I would check the Russel Stoll plug. I had a sweep acting goofy 2 weeks ago. Would over run its stops, interlock. Motor was ok, switches ok and adjusted. The russel stoll plug had a bad connection and was hot as hell. Fixed it and no problems since.

Good luck,
    Jerry

Comment

Crud,
      Did you use to have electical motor starters in the past? If so, some of your wires are changed probaly(this was needed to hold the sweep reverse action work).This is no problem with the Mark 5 or earlyer boards, but if you're using Omega Teck or creative boards(or chassis)you will get the problem you discribed. We've had the same problem on six machines, problem was solved after putting back the wires in the original way.
      I don't know the wire numbers and TS connection out of my head but if you want I'll look at it tomorrow.

Succes

BEER

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Lampie ]
      So it goes.

Comment

It sounds like its in the wiring since you changed the motor, cha$$is [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] , and switches.

Time to break out the Block diagram and tester!!!

For a visual check look sooper close at tsa-2,3,4.
        And look extra carefull at the bottom distributer side of the C-1 wire plug harness.

Comment

LAMPIE
          I have solid state switches on all the motors we have national (jap motors) when I switched the sweep and table motors I was hoping it was the motor so I could see if spot pins going backwards
          gee I wonder at what point the cups would turn over but it would interlock first [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          it only did it one time today and 6 or 7 times yesterday [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] reminds me of a girl I used to know [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] CRUD
          oh AND KING NO RUSSEL STOLL PLUGS THERE ILLEGAL
          HERE JUST LIKE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE LIVING HERE.

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: CRUDWEISER=BUD ]

Comment

CRUD:

This is a longshot, but did you check your C1/C2 cable assy's for stray wires touching there?

You mentioned the Omega-Teks without scoring hookup...did you remove them for diagnosing this problem or are they just not installed? If installed, but unhooked, is there a reversing relay installed somewhere on the pinsetter (front wireway, BE box, etc..)?
            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

KAT
              we have never had any auto sweep reverse or no feel on a strike none of that stuff.
              dacos scoring but not for long were getting twelve strike in two weeks.
              I'M with you I think it's a bare wire some place I guess it's time to get the wiring diagram out.
              [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] CRUD

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: CRUDWEISER=BUD ]

Comment

mysterious reversing sweep,I found it :p
                KAT AND JIMMY JAM were close
                found a wire smashed flat in front of be control box under wireway cover where screw goes in.
                the wire was coming from the sweep reverse switch
                and it looked like it had been under there for years and finally the insulation gave up.
                thanks for all the input.
                CRUD

Comment

Thats great Crud.

I am curious which wire it was. Looking at the block diagam I dont understand how 1 "shorted to ground wire" can effect a dpdt switch. It should have effected one side or the other??? I bet you have more then 6 wires going to the switch. Do you have a RPO box fore scoring?

Comment

jimmy jam
                    your right there is more wires then normal.the machines came from japan and have extra wiring running all over the place and it was a black wire that was smashed and the chassis all had extra wires running all over the place that I pulled out a long time ago. the chassis also had another relay socket I think it was it was for a automatic reverse on a off spot pin because all the off spot switches had extra wires on them also. it looked like they had all kinds of crap hooked up extra switches on be control box and chassis. CRUD

Comment

Cruddy-
                      I bet you've sparked a big interest for Jimmy Jam now - - he has foreign machines also.

Chaddy Cham

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Magic Triangle:
                        Cruddy-
                        I bet you've sparked a big interest for Jimmy Jam now - - he has foreign machines also.

Chaddy Cham
                        [/QUOTE]

I only remember the old mechanic telling me that our machines came from overseas...and were modified quite a bit. The pin wheels, distributors, & ball lifts run almost twice as fast as standard 70s (which causes bunches of pinjams and sends clutch operational time before they need to be cleaned through the floor) I can compare since 14 of our 30 machines were not part of the original installation, and run a lot slower. All of the sheaves/pulleys are nonstandard sizes (non-AMF), and I think the gearboxes were modded as well (output shaft RPM is considerably faster than what the book spec is supposed to be). How I got myself into this (or better yet, why) is still a mystery. Sorry... I tend to ramble on a bit... :-)
                        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Lemme guess - the UL logo on the nameplate has been cut or scratched off too.
                          Since things run faster than they should, it sounds like perhaps it has 50hz gears in the gearboxes, but I would figure that they would have torn themselves apart by now if that was the case.
                          Curious, but it gives your place more character.

Comment

MAGIC,
                            your right with the 50hz motors on 60hz power but
                            usually the motors hold up they just tear the hell out of the machines and the same is true for
                            14.5 motors also.
                            but do you know what happens when you run 60hz
                            on 50hz-cy power. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] CRUD

Comment

There's no problem using 60hz motors on a 50Hz net.
                              Just be shure your table and sweep are having the same type.
                              The Be is even working better, you don't have to put smaller pully's on the machine to make them relax.
                              Martinos
                              So it goes.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X